Author Topic: Changing colour of any bus strip  (Read 692 times)

Offline norfolkmastering

Changing colour of any bus strip
« on: October 06, 2023, 12:53:39 PM »
Hi Alexey

Does AZ Controller have any way to change any colour attribute of a bus strip in the console view?
I mean the whole colour of the strip or the colour of a knob?

Or if not colour then the choice of strip icon?

I have a switchable custom function for buses (switched by incoming MIDI CC to AZ) and I want it to really stand out when it is selected.

All ideas would be welcome!

Regards
Robert

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Changing colour of any bus strip
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2023, 11:56:15 AM »
Hi Robert,

With API it is possible to get strip color, but it doesn't allow change it.

Offline norfolkmastering

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2023, 10:24:33 AM »
Hi Alexey
Thanks for the information.
I'll have a think about another way to solve the issue.  For context:

I have developed a way to allow true stereo 'panning' of stereo sources and buses in my audio mixer which does not alter the balance of left and right channels.  This used to be called 'stereo offset' and was often used in conjunction with 'stereo width' which I can also now provide.  So imagine a jazz recording where you wish to 'move' the piano to some degree away from centre stage and you recorded the piano to provide a stereo image.  If you use a 'normal' stereo pan control, then it just changes the relative levels of the left and right channels, e.g. In Cakewalk, if you moved the piano to the left of the sound stage using the pan control, then the lower piano register stays at the same level and the higher registers are reduced in level.  'Stereo Offset' moves the whole stereo image to the left or right whilst preserving the stereo balance of the original stereo recording.

So I was looking for a visual way in Cakewalk to show which stereo channels or buses had the normal function of the pan control changed to 'stereo offset'

Regards
Robert

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2023, 11:39:17 AM »
Hi Robert,

In Cakewalk panning options are project wide and limited, for anything "not default" they have proposed to use Channel Tools. That is just another difference with REAPER...

Regards,
Alexey.

Offline norfolkmastering

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2023, 06:01:40 PM »
I can't find channel tools in CbB.  I found a few posts which said it wasn't included!

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2023, 09:04:59 AM »
I guess I have it from previous versions... Was with avery Sonar version I have used...