Author Topic: TEMPLATE FOR NOVATION LAUNCHKEY 25 MK2  (Read 2169 times)

Offline immoboy31

TEMPLATE FOR NOVATION LAUNCHKEY 25 MK2
« on: July 03, 2023, 05:21:42 PM »
Hello Alexey,

thank you for your work with midi controllers for cakewalk sonar.

I have a novation launchkey 25 mk2 which works like a regular midi keyboard.
But as a controller, well nothing really works (wether I choose midi 1 or 2 usb channel)
No colors other than the red one on the pad (they can change the color but I dont know how)
the transport (play, stop, ...dont work). "In control" mode does not work to...

When I try Midi-OX everything is recognised as a control change or notes.

I tried az controller, and even import the preset you did for the launchkey 61, and now I have some colors and fonctions (like arm tracks or nex track, ...) but I don't know how to configure the "play/record bar,..." to be recognised and of course how to configure the pad/slide/rotary fonctions... and the color changes...
Could you help me with that. Have you already worked on something for the launchkey 25 mk2 from novation?
Thank you in advance.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: TEMPLATE FOR NOVATION LAUNCHKEY 25 MK2
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2023, 12:37:10 AM »
Launchkey 61 preset was not done by me. I never had Launchkey controllers.

I am surprised transport section does not work.
General MK2 documentation:
https://fael-downloads-prod.focusrite.com/customer/prod/s3fs-public/novation/downloads/10535/launchkey-mk2-programmers-reference-guide.pdf

So transport mapping should be the same for 25/49/61. If required, you can re-assign MIDI for transport buttons, if for some reason they send something else. Well, better
you understand why they send something else and fix that. Unfortunately that requires some skills.

Working with controller remotely is difficult. I have created some of presets that way. But I don't think they was really great.

Offline immoboy31

Re: TEMPLATE FOR NOVATION LAUNCHKEY 25 MK2
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2023, 06:14:28 PM »
thank you for your reply. :-) I will take a look at your link. ;-)