Author Topic: Controlling volume  (Read 706 times)

Offline dee3d

Controlling volume
« on: April 30, 2023, 07:34:33 PM »
Hi
I'm new to AZController and going through the documentation  slowly getting to know what's needed to make my Artutia Beatstep operate the way I want. The profoundness of the whole thing is overwhelming. So far I've successfully mapped everything TrackEq wise, with one pad working as shift, plus other pads changing some useful to me stuff. So far so good. However for the life of me I cannot figure one thing, I'm not even sure if it's possible at all - assign the big volume knob on Beatstep so that depending on what's selected it either acts as a selected track volume, OR as a selected bus volume once it's highlighted. Any help would be appreciated!

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Controlling volume
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2023, 11:26:41 PM »
An example preset is attached (DO NOT FORGET SAVE YOUR CURRENT PRESET!)

There is "Save/Recall" Action which has "focused" option. So "Recall focused" choose the strip in focus, track or bus. Then you just want set explicitly which parameter you want control, f.e. Volume. For that in the "Stip" Action select "<No>" as the strip type and "Volume" as parameter. That effectively keeps current choice (so focused strip), but set parameter to control ("Volume", but can be "Pan" or followed by FX/Send Action, etc.). The third Action is Value, you probably want "Endless" option (may be "Accelerated") for the knob, I guess that you know already.

PS. "Recall focused" with self defined "StripType" Software Set ("Track"/"Bus" as states) in "save strip type to" option and "Set engine state" set, put into Monitor Timer Ultra with priority 0, is the way to monitor current focused strip type. Than it can be used in "Strip" Action (as "strip type") or other places which should be focused strip type sensitive. Such complexity make sense in case you do some monitoring (f.e. for build-in display). The method in the example is simpler to understand since it doesn't use monitors nor software sets.

Offline dee3d

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2023, 11:58:19 PM »
It works!!! Thank you so much! I guess nothing is impossible with AZ Controller :)

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2023, 01:56:54 AM »
Almost everything allowed by Cakewalk API can be used within AZ Controller. But solutions can be hard to find, please don't hesitate to ask when you have more questions.