Author Topic: First attempt for Novation Launchkey MKIII MK3  (Read 2659 times)

Offline rloggen

First attempt for Novation Launchkey MKIII MK3
« on: January 04, 2022, 09:56:24 PM »
Wow,

Your tool is complex and fun. Great puzzle. I recently bought the Novation Launchkey 49 MKIII or MK3, and really wanted it to work in my favourite DAW CW by BL.
So this is my first working attempt.

Functionality:
- Pod 1 till 8: pan for tracks 1 to 8.  (Wishlist: for the 8 items of the WAI bar)
- Fader 1 till 8: volume for tracks 1 to 8 (idem)
- Track left/right: next and previous track (wishlist: circulair)
- Arm/select: toggles mode of the fader button: Select or Arm (wishlist: color)
- Fader buttons: if mode is Select: mute on off (wishlist: also solo, and use of colours of buttons)
- Transports: work. Stop is not perfect yet
- Loop works (if loop was defined)
- Quantise: only works when track part is selected, opens the Q dialog and presses enter
- Click: toggle metronome during play
- Undo: undo last action

Important: it's using the stand alone status of the controller. So no daw mode yet.
I am able to switch the Novation to daw mode using Midi-OX, but not from AZ Controller. Is there a way to send some Midi commands when starting up CW and controller from the AZ controller? Tips welcome!
Working on a daw modus version, which allows for colouring buttons and displaying texts.

Wishlist:
- Setup and close down Midi send to device, preferably in combination with a request device id, check and then send correct midi data to set up the controller
- Stop Solo Mute modus, so that one can toggle Solo and Mute with the buttons, including coloring the button corresponding to the selected track
- Working on WAI structures (but i don't understand them yet)

Thanks in advance for any tips,

Roeland

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: First attempt for Novation Launchkey MKIII MK3
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 09:41:30 AM »
As with puzzles, some time is needed to get it right  ;)

Everything you mark as 'wishlist' is possible, but need understanding of 'advanced' technic (there are tutorials, you can look at existing presets, may be https://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,243.0.html can give you good ideas).

In your preset:
* set control type to "Pad" in the Options tab for all buttons. You don't need "Value:127" / "Value:0" then (in practice that will set "Note:On/Off", even so your buttons are CC, and since default condition is Note:On for most buttons you don't need extra conditions)
* don't use "manual touch" for anything, this option is for touch sensitive physical controls only
* if you have to do one thing in all modes, you don't need to repeat that with different conditions (like 'Toggle' for buttons)

For WAI instead of absolute track change "<first>" to "<first in WAI>" option in Strip Action.
For the rest you will need "Monitors":
* For buttons see https://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,553.0.html
* for initialization example you can check "Hello" control (and related Monitor) in "Mack.. Control" build-in preset.
* to send something on close, you will need to monitor "Context" State Set checking for "NoProject" State.