Author Topic: Globally disabling all Feedback outputs  (Read 2505 times)

Offline norfolkmastering

Globally disabling all Feedback outputs
« on: November 24, 2021, 06:07:34 PM »
Hello Alexey

I have two instances of AZ running into my Cakewalk controlled hardware audio mixer.  One instance for RECORD mode and the other instance for REPLAY mode.  These control different elements of the hardware mixer via different MIDI ports.

Can you tell me if there is anyway to disable (then re-enable) all Feedback Events on an AZ preset by a MIDI command?  I would do this on the instance which is not 'active' and so maybe reduce the load on the system.

Best regards

Robert

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Globally disabling all Feedback outputs
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 07:41:54 PM »
Hi Robert,

There is no global "feedback disable", so you need to organize that yourself. By defining Software State Set "Feedback" with "Enabled/Disabled" states. If feedback is done my usual way, so in monitors only, you can add "Feedback:Enabled" conditions to monitors which do the feedback. Otherwise add it to every related MIDI Action. "Reset All Monitors" after changing from Disable to Enable will trigger all monitors and so send all feedback messages. Again, if you send something outside usual monitors you need to re-send explicitly.

BTW when destination device is a kind of the same, "Cooperation" feature allow mimic MIDI messages from the second instance in the first (master) and so just one preset can be constructed for both sets of MIDI ports.

Alexey.

Offline norfolkmastering

Re: Globally disabling all Feedback outputs
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 10:59:26 AM »
Thanks Alexey
I will do some experimentation with your suggested solution.
Best regards
Robert