Author Topic: Simple question: Loop toggle  (Read 1474 times)

Offline tbm72

Simple question: Loop toggle
« on: October 16, 2020, 10:45:59 AM »
Hi Alexey,

Thanks so much for this plugin. Although I've got it basically working I have to admit I'm struggling (I am trying to read all the documentation!)

I have an Alesis QX61 MIDI keyboard with 8 knobs/8 sliders/4 drum pads and some transport controls. It has a loop button that I'm trying to assign to loop toggle and I can't seem to find the correct action.

I've defined the Hardware Control button and called it 'Loop <>' but when I go to Logical Control tab I can't work out how to assign it to toggle loop on/off. I've tried setting the Action configuration to [Command] and then selected [loop on/off] from the dropdown list. When I press the keyboard's loop button the loop function in Cakewalk lights up but as soon as I let go it turns off.

I'm sure this should be a very simple thing but I'm stuck. I guess I'm looking for a Loop toggle command but there are so many options I can't see it - is there a list of all the available commands anywhere in the documentation that I can look through?

Thanks

Offline tbm72

Re: Simple question: Loop toggle
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 10:49:13 AM »
I've also just tried setting the action configuration to Function>Transport>Loop toggle and that doesn't seem to stay lit either. Not sure what I'm doing wrong...

Offline tbm72

Re: Simple question: Loop toggle
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 10:54:29 AM »
Got it - I hadn't chosen 'pad' when I defined the hardware control for the button - now it works!