Author Topic: Record functions not working with "Allow MIDI Recording without an Armed Track"  (Read 1780 times)

Offline Ignacio Calvo

• IgnacioCalvo.com
So there is that useful Cakewalk setting MIDI -> Playback and Recording -> Allow MIDI Recording without an Armed Track that allows you to have something similar to an Auto-Armed track: you hit Record and you record on the currently selected track. The thing is that when I use that setting, the Functions "Rec On" and "Rec Toggle" stop working in AZ Controller, probably because there is no track that is explicitly armed. However, the Record button in Cakewalk works as expected. Is this a bug on Cakewalk side? Is there something I can do to sidestep it in AZ Controller? (like e.g. arming the currently selected track?)

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
I think that is a kind of bug on Cakewalk side.
You can ask AZ Controller to do the same thing as the record button by using "Command Record" button. I have checked and it works in the case you describe.

PS. Commands are in general less buggy then Functions, since functions are lower level hooks just for control surfaces (most was never used by Cakewalk). Finally, when Commands fails on not exist, you can send Keyboard buttons/combinations.

Offline Ignacio Calvo

• IgnacioCalvo.com
Thank you for your help!