Author Topic: Quad Curve EQ  (Read 3230 times)

Offline Astraios

Quad Curve EQ
« on: February 28, 2020, 09:03:55 PM »
Hi there,

I want to control with my 16-knob "Doepfer PocketC) MIDI controller the "ProChannel Quad Curve EQ", as I did it with Cakewalks build-in *Generic Surface CTRL". Can somebody give me an idea (or just one programming string) how to set this up in the AZ-CTRL plugin? What Parameters are required?
That would be great...

Greetings from Berlin  8)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 09:06:09 PM by Astraios »

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Quad Curve EQ
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 09:29:56 PM »
You can use this preset, just re-learning MIDI to whatever your controller sends:
http://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,274.msg1246.html#msg1246

Ich bin nächster Woche wieder in Heidelberg. Vielleicht kann ich deine Fragen dann in Skype/Teamviewer beantworten und wir können online passende Presets herstellen. Alles schreiben ist für mich ein bisschen schwierig (in Deutsch meine ich) ;)

Offline Astraios

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 11:03:17 AM »
Hey Alexey,
danke für die Antwort und den Link. Super Idee; das machen wir! Ich bin allerdings nicht so Skype erfahren...
Freue mich schon darauf...
Wann genau hättest Du Zeit für ein Event?

Gruß Uwo (Astraios)   :)

Offline Astraios

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 10:13:05 PM »
 8) Ähhh, something like that? hi hi

… but nothing happens in EQ

« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 10:14:43 PM by Astraios »

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 03:05:36 PM »
You need to start with "Quick start" and make it work first... AZ Controller is not something you can learn "clicking everywhere" :)
Then, as I have mentioned before, you need to INSERT the action on your screenshot (removing condition... so reset "Container" to "Any") between 2 existing.

In other words, you:
1) select the strip to work with (f.e. "Strip" "Track" "Current")
2) select ProChannel module and its parameter (so "Filter" "Eq" , "some parameter")
3) apply received MIDI value to change selected parameter ("Direct"/"Catch"/(some other) for normal knob, "Endless" for encoder, etc.)

For (3) there are many parameters, for all types of controls. For normal knobs, "Step" and "Instant" are (almost) unique modes which avoid bringing the knob "in position" before it starts to change the parameter.

Sorry, I have some unexpected activity... But toward the end of the week we can meet online.

Offline Astraios

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 02:44:09 PM »
Hey Alexey  :)

with LauchPad EQ .SPP I've got it to work, yeah. (took a while until understood how to import the spp-file)
Now I have two instances of AZ-Ctrl running in my Cakewalk-Setup.
One is for EQ with Beatsep Pro, the other for my CME VX MIDI-Keyboard.

Really cool stuff - it's a shame Cakewalk didn't adopt your incredible project.
After more than 15 years I'll quit now with Sonar and take over to FL Studio…
Reaper is not my GUI, just not the right design, which is important for me.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 04:25:32 PM by Astraios »

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 04:44:26 PM »
If FL studio is what you feel good to use INSTEAD of Sonar, you had to move on 15 years ago   :-\

FL studio / Ableton / Tracktion are specific DAWs. They can be fun to use for particular purpose, in parallel with "traditional" design DAWs (ProTools, Sonar, Cubase, REAPER, S1, etc.). But in case preferred own workflow fits completely into one of "specializations", there is no reason to use any "old vintage console" style solutions at all.

Offline Astraios

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2020, 07:17:40 PM »
hmm,  ... but now there is a lot trouble running 2 instances of AZ-CTRL at the same time by loading 2 different Presets.
Okay, I'll wait  and will see...

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2020, 10:51:35 AM »
We should switch to PM. Please PM me when you have time for online session. I am (hopefully) flexible these days.