Author Topic: Basic Question : Generic Startup tutorial  (Read 3357 times)

Offline IAT

Basic Question : Generic Startup tutorial
« on: April 14, 2017, 05:49:18 PM »
First of all congratulations on a great site. This is my first post so please excuse this basic question. I have been through the quick start tutorial and the Generic Startup preset tutorial. All worked fine. However, when I use the AC Controller in Sonar Platinum with an Addictive Keys soft synth in focus the faders and rotaries adjust settings on my tracks and in my synth at the same time. What am I doing wrong here. I am using a Roland A300 Pro as my controller. Many thank

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Basic Question : Generic Startup tutorial
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 07:41:36 PM »
Welcome!
Check which plug-ins you have in the Sonar Preferences / MIDI / Control Surfaces. There should be only one per device. So when you use AZ Controller, remoe APro plug-in from the list. Otherwise each plug-in use the same signal from controller and that can produce such effect.

Offline IAT

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 11:24:37 AM »
Thanks very much for the response. That seems to have worked, although I now need to work out how to control the VSTs properly when they are brought into focus. At the moment the AZ controller is not working with the VST ( Addictive Keys in my situation ). Time for another tutorial I guess ! Is the best one to work through the one that is titled "ACT Speed Dialer" ?

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 11:02:53 PM »
Startup preset foreseen only manual switching. You can assign "Next mode" to some button. It will switch between Track, Buses and ACT (plug-in control). Auto switching is possible, but will need a small modification (I can provide an example if you want it, attach you current preset to replay so I modify it and you do not need redo the assignments). Note that for controlling plug-ins, read about "AZ ACT Fix" utility.
"ACT Speed dial" is another approach if you do not want permanent mapping.