Author Topic: Strip with or without midi tracks in console view  (Read 4233 times)

Offline sdupayage

Strip with or without midi tracks in console view
« on: November 01, 2015, 06:19:40 PM »
Hi,

In Sonar you have the ability to hide certain track types (Audio, Midi, Instruments) and thus it changes the visible tracks in the console view how can this be followed with the strips on the surface?

Thanks,
Stéphane

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Strip with or without midi tracks in console view
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 11:02:19 AM »
In the Control Surfaces preferences, you can choose between Console View/Track View/All strips. There are some small bugs (on Sonar side), but in general it works.

Offline sdupayage

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 04:31:51 PM »
Hi,

I did change this in the settings but it does not work apparently. When I only want to see audio tracks in console view I picked "console view" inthe preferences but AZ Controller always consider all tracks not just the audio tracks as selected for the console view...

Any idea?

Thanks,
Stéphane

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 04:36:56 PM »
Hi,

That is what I mean by "small bugs"...
The strip should be really "hidden" explicitly in the console, just choosing not to show MIDI tracks has no effect on CS.
Feel free to submit Sonar bug report.

Cheers,
Alexey.

Offline sdupayage

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 04:49:22 PM »
So it's not really usefull for this :)

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 05:07:50 PM »
If you never need MIDI tracks in console, you can decouple hiding between track and console views and hide all MIDI tracks in console. Not so convenient as one button click in menu, but the result is the same.

Other option is to use "skip midi tracks" in the AZCtrl. WAI display can be incorrect then, but the effect is still ok. Sonar is not informing CS that some track is an Instrument, so that option is not available.