Author Topic: Show/Hide ProChannel  (Read 5023 times)

Offline MarKo

• Power user
Show/Hide ProChannel
« on: May 10, 2015, 02:22:22 PM »
Hi Alexey,

I made some nice progress after your latest explanations!
Now i want to integrate a "selected-Track"-mode for PC.
In this mode it would be very nice to expand the PC of selected Track in Console view.
Is there a function/command for that? I´ve looked through the whole list, but could not find.
And what should the function "Focus Container":ProChannel do? Because i see no effect.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Show/Hide ProChannel
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 06:19:28 PM »
There is no function to "Show" or "Hide", but there is "Ctrl+I" combination which toggle it (you can use Key Action to send it).

"Focus Container" is a part of ProChannel "hack" for VS, it focus it in terms of ACT. But it has not "visual" effect".

Offline MarKo

• Power user
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 10:55:46 PM »
thanks for your response.
i know that plugin can only do what CS-Api or commands/keys can do, but sometimes there is a way, of which you did´nt know...
i tried Ctrl-I before, but apart from being a toggle which state you don´t know, it only shows PC in inspector.
what i wanted is this command in console-view which expands a narrow strip and shows PC (the little PC-triangle), but it may not even be so useful...

ProChannel:
as i´m now on the way to integrate PC/ACT modes, what would you recommend for PC: the Filter/EQ actions or ACT?
i´m asking, because i read of different problems. But so far i see no problems with Filter-actions. With my BCR i have assigned a complete PC - and it seems to work absolutely reliable so far.
I can not say this about ACT - i have every problem, you have already written about.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 11:30:35 AM »
thanks for your response.
i know that plugin can only do what CS-Api or commands/keys can do, but sometimes there is a way, of which you did´nt know...
And timetimes I even find one, by digging or just occasional  ;)

ProChannel:
as i´m now on the way to integrate PC/ACT modes, what would you recommend for PC: the Filter/EQ actions or ACT?
i´m asking, because i read of different problems. But so far i see no problems with Filter-actions. With my BCR i have assigned a complete PC - and it seems to work absolutely reliable so far.
I can not say this about ACT - i have every problem, you have already written about.
For ProChannel Direct (Filter interface) vs ACT:
* In Direct mode, EQ can be controlled independent from current focus but you need special mapping for each parameter for each module
* For other PC Modules, the strip must be in focus. Also I do not "recognize" not delivered with Sonar PC modules (but we can add some
other, I just need extra information for them which any owner can see. Still, each parameter of each module should be specified explicitly
* ACT support only one module in time, but it can be locked (so it will not be changed by mouse operations till unlock). You can do ACT mapping, so AZ Configuration is shorter. You still can "select" inside preset which module you want control and so from user point of you they will be no difference.

So, in case you need control more then one FX/PC at the same time, Direct mode is the only possible. In case you control only one FX/PC in time, ACT required less time to configure.