AZ Controller plug-in for Cakewalk SONAR > Wishes

Custom variables for use in logic editor

(1/2) > >>

sollapse:
I would love to see the ability to create custom variables which could then be passed to various outputs, such as a dynamically created Sysex message.

Ex: F0 $a $b $c ... F7

azslow3:
That is supported. AZ Controller has no conventional variables, but it has "Software State Sets". Current state of a set can be appended to SysEx, by position (f.e. the 3d state state will append byte "02" to SysEx, since states are counted from zero) or the state label (should be hex, f.e. "a8").

sollapse:
That's good to know. I reread the manual and see the user defined software state section. In this case, would it just be best to append multiple states and create an action that sends the completed message?

azslow3:
It all depends what you try to achieve when generating SysEx dynamically. Appending states by position is useful when there is corresponding set used for something else. F.e. you have a set "Ch" (1,2,...) and you need construct SysEx which includes corresponding position (0,1,...). Appending values of states is useful when there are unusual values linked to position, f.e. "Color" 1,2,3 needs values "17", "ac", "5e". In most other cases, just adding fixed byte(s) based on Action Conditions is simpler and easier to read.

sollapse:
This will be for generating a color message which is listed sequentially in one message. However, due to this, I would like to allow changes to be made on particular indices at any give time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version