Author Topic: Air Access 18  (Read 2940 times)

Offline gadeuvall2000

Air Access 18
« on: February 08, 2022, 06:29:57 PM »
Welcome to the Air Access 18 forums.  You you will find information as well as the official download for the Air Access 18 project.

The concept of this project is to make the functionality of the X-Air X-18 and XR-18 accessible through the means of a more screen reader friendly user interface.  For more information on how AOSC  works, please see  AOSC post.

Currently this project works under Windows with NVDA or Narrator, and under Linux Wine.  It may work under Wine for Apple, but has not been tested, and there are no current plans for Apple development.

The zip package contains a group of files that were designed to work with AOSC. 

Please read the EULA.txt and ReadMe.txt files contained within the zip package before using. 

Here's a playlist of videos to help you get acquainted with Air Access 18:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_KlosoJFir0p17B3kMRiTGJctP4PBIia

You can find and download the zip package here:
https://www.azslow.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=81

If you have any questions, feel free to post on the forums.

Updated 2022.03.21
Current version is Version 1.7.

Change Log:
- Tap Tempo has been added to any "Delay" based effects.  pressing "space" on "time" fader activates this function.
- Alt+T is now a global shortcut for tap temop, and will only apply if a Delay based effect is loaded.  IF more than one is loaded, the shortcut will apply to the highest numbered slot.
- Added an input meter in Gate page next to threshold.
- Moved FX Processing meters to Parameters page
- Added a dedicated Main section for extra controls such as mute groups, Automix controls, and solo claring

2022.03.07:
- Added shortcuts to "Configure" pages
- Fixed Reduction meters on Gate and Compression pages.
- Aux Input has it's own section

- Added keyboard shortcuts
- Some names have been changed for clearer understanding.

- Added the ability to name Main LR strip.
- Added Clearsolo button on Main LR Strip
- All Input pages have been renamed to "Configure".
- Configure" page has been renamed to "System"
- Channel strip Color, Name, Mute Group, DCA Group, LInking, and any preamp and headamp configurations  are under respected strip's "Configure" page.
- General organization of "Routing" section.

- Removed unused parameters in Master Compressor
- Added a Master Bus fader to bus mix sections.
- Added Aux Send output Meter to Bus mix section

Updated EULA and Readme files
Fixed small bugs in XML
Organized templates in XML

2022.2.11:
- Fixed Typos
- Changed FX Routing from Return/Insert to Return/SideChain to better fit the original terms.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 08:32:19 AM by gadeuvall2000 »

Offline Tomecki

Re: Air Access 18
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2024, 09:57:27 PM »
Hi. Do you already know if Air Access 18 works well with Midas mr18? At the moment it is only slightly more expensive than the Behringer xr18, but the difference is that it has a 10-year limited warranty as opposed to the Behringer which has a 3-year limited warranty.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2024, 04:07:46 PM »
From all existing information, these units are identical except different pre-amps. So the solution should be compatible. But I can't give any warrantee for that, till someone with MR18 confirm that really works.

Offline Tomecki

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2024, 06:11:11 PM »
So it looks like I'll be confirming it. ☺️Unfortunately, I haven't had access to any digital mixer so far, so I may have a few questions, although I tried to review a lot of materials, including the original user manual. Do you have a checklist of things I could check to make sure everything is working properly?

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2024, 11:48:10 PM »
I don't think you will need everything. Use what you need and in case something does not responds right, let us know and we try to fix.