Author Topic: Questions post configuration  (Read 2235 times)

Offline colinb

Questions post configuration
« on: October 05, 2021, 12:27:38 PM »
With AZSlow's help I have now successfully got my Keylab Essentials controller working with Cakewalk but this has raised 2 questions...

1.   My transport controls have a 'Loop' option - can this be configured some way as there is no 'Loop' option in the hardware tab dropdown.

2.   I have configured a fader as the master volume control, but there are three problems -
       i)  The master volume slider display in Cakewalk does not respond
      ii)   Whilst the overall volume responds to fader movements, it does not use the full range of sound, so at min there is still
            sound output.
      iii)  Moving the fader causes a pan at the same time so that at max the sound is panned fully left, and at min the sound is f
            fully right

Any suggestions?

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Questions post configuration
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 01:55:21 PM »
In AZ Controller you can create/duplicate/modify any control. But that is not strait forward, you will need to learn hot to proceed (see documentation, as a "quick tip": use duplicate button in the Options for some transport button, rename it there, assign appropriate MIDI in Hardware tab and change executed Command in the Logic tab).

Master volume in Cakewalk is historically not stereo by default. So till you lock channels,  controlling the first channel doesn't change the second one, and so its slider stay in place and there is "panning" effect.

Offline colinb

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 04:22:03 PM »
Thank you - yes I have just noticed that my master volume slider maps to the left hand slider on the speaker bus, whereas I was expecting it to map to the master bus slider. Linking the faders sorted it as suggested.

Re the loop I will study the documentation re the logic tab!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 04:24:57 PM by colinb »

Offline colinb

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 08:39:53 PM »
Well documentation not necessary - screen was more daunting than it actually was to do, and the Loop button is now working too.

Thanks again for your help and developing this in the first place.