Author Topic: Problem configuring Keylab Essentials  (Read 1885 times)

Offline colinb

Problem configuring Keylab Essentials
« on: October 04, 2021, 08:50:50 PM »
Hi. I've recently purchased a Keylab Essentials 49 MIDI controller to use with Cakewalk and I am having great trouble trying to configure any control surface I set up.
I have come across AZSlow and downloaded it and at first glance seems to provide enough options to be able to configure anything, but I am running across the same issue that I find with alternative solutions in that I can either have the faders and rotaries interfacing, or the transport controls, but not both.

The issue is that when you install the Keylab software it installs 2 MIDI devices, one for note information and one for control info. This means that with AZSlow I can either have the transport controls working or the faders etc but not both.

Is there any way around this?

For clarity I have attached the MIDIOX output... (Sorry about first file being too big - can't see how to remove it)

« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 08:53:39 PM by colinb »

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Problem configuring Keylab Essentials
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 11:36:25 AM »
Keylab is a flexible controller. Probably you can configure it such way that it sends transport and knobs/faders throw MIDI 2 port. My guess it should be the case for "MCU compatible" mode.

But if for some reason you want use 2 ports in parallel, AZ Controller supports that. You will need to use "Cooperation mode" (https://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,10.0.html), for convenience better with "Extra instances" (https://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,384.0.html). AZ Controller instance with "Master" option set will see both ports, own and "Slave". And so you can configure it normally (f.e. with "Startup" preset).

Offline colinb

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 11:45:16 AM »
Many thanks for the quick reply - I'll try both suggestions and report back for others in the same situation.

Offline colinb

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 12:18:38 PM »
Thanks - Keylab does not allow you to change the controller channel, but the Master/Slave option works fine!

It has raised a couple of questions though but I will raise a new topic rather than divert this one.

Thanks again.