Author Topic: Check if track X exists  (Read 2111 times)

Offline mwa

Check if track X exists
« on: August 30, 2021, 10:00:05 AM »
Hi and welcome.
To be honest I have no idea how it works :P, but using some samples I have managed working preset for Novation lauchkey mini MKIII. Two things anyway consider me and I wonder if its posible to be done.

1. Check if track exists and use this information as condition for action
I have second row of leds working in modes mute, solo and top row of leds working as rec arm. Each mode has its own led color set (yellow, green, red with light color for "set" and dark color for "unset"). The problem is that when track not exists the color is dark and shows option "unset" (tapping of course does nothing and color remains) but I want to swith off pad's led showing "no light" at all when track corresponding to button doesn't exists.
So I want to set action for set leds specific colors with condition that the track exists, and another color with condition when track not exists.
Can it be accomplished somehow?

2. Preset is not initialized when project is loaded. I have to manually open AZ Controler after project is loaded and change preset to another and change preset to correct one. How can I initialize preset when project is loaded?

Another minor thing is that rotor value is not set on initialization (rotor controls volume). It "catches" up the rotor value when turning rotor match the current value. After that it works nicely and controls volume with right way.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Check if track X exists
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2021, 10:27:57 AM »
1. There are 2 ways to check something exists: "Selection valid" and "Last action failed". The first is updated when you select some parameter, f.e. track volume will not be valid when track does not exists. The second is simpler to use when using "Parameter value" in MIDI (f.e. for mute to send 0/127), MIDI command will fail when parameter does not exist, but in you case you want specific color (so MIDI with explicit value) and so the second way will not work.

2. to get stable feedback from presets, all feedback should be done from "Monitors" (so not during reaction on controls / initial loading). Since monitor is triggered when parameter is changed, presets constructed such way update everything correctly on any change, including project loading. And no explicit "initialization" is required. When feedback is done in Monitors in case complete "re-send" is required (useful for surfaces which can loose "sync") , "Reset all monitors" action does the trick.   

Offline mwa

Re: Check if track X exists
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2021, 01:18:48 PM »
Thank You very much for Your help.

I have chosen first solution with selection valid for truck volume and it works as I wanted.

It works great now :)