Author Topic: Is there any way to trigger a controller refresh from incoming MIDI command?  (Read 2273 times)

Offline norfolkmastering

Hello Alexey

I can see two instances when a full refresh of controller status is outputted by Cakewalk via AZ Controller (I mean the position of faders, source selection etc).

1. When a Cakewalk project is loaded.
2. When an AZ preset is loaded.

Can you tell me if there is any way to invoke a full refresh of Cakewalk controller status by an incoming MIDI command?

To explain the context for my question:
I have two operational modes for my Digitally Controlled Analogue Audio Mixer.

1. REPLAY Mode (so 24 tracks replaying from tape machine through the audio mixer).
2. RECORD Mode (means I use the audio mixer as a recording routing matrix).

So when I change from RECORD to REPLAY mode, I need to reset most audio mixer parameters, and so a full output of the Cakewalk controller status on the feedback MIDI channels, would be really helpful.

Regards

Robert

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Hello Robert,

In case preset is constructed the way I personally always do, so whole feedback comes from Monitors, Reset All monitors action does the trick.

Offline norfolkmastering

Hello Alexey

Thanks for the advice.  I tried the 'Reset All monitors' and it worked just fine.

I've attached a photo of my digitally controlled analogue mixer rack frame which I am finally! beginning to populate with cards.

I decided to use two PIC microcontrollers, one for each operating mode: RECORD and REPLAY.  So I will use two instances of AZ Controller, each connected to one PIC via MIDI.

Best wishes

Robert

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Looks "scientific"  ;)