Author Topic: Faderport and Cakewalk by Bandlab  (Read 6352 times)

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Faderport and Cakewalk by Bandlab
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2021, 12:28:19 PM »
In attached version:
*Section, Channel and Scroll switch the knob mode
*Section mode is jogger (as it was before, so press+turn means "by measures")
*Channel mode should switch the strip, like next/previous (but obviously faster).
This is exactly how I wanted this to work, brilliant! The only problem is that the "channel" LED does not go out when focus is on buses
Channel LED is for knob mode now. Track/Bus is indicated by Master LED.

Pressing reset parameter controlled by fader (volume/pan or send volume/pan)

Not exactly sure what you mean here
You have asked to reset volume to 0dB by pushing the knob. It should work that way, when in Channel mode.

*Scroll is scrolling, vertical/horizontal is switched by the button

Works as described. Would it be possible, when scrolling horizontally, to have the option to have the now time cursor move with it?
I don't think Cakewalk has that feature.

*Shift+Scroll switch to Zoom mode, LED should blink in that mode. May be better make it toggle, without shift. So pressing scroll when already in scroll/zoom change the mode. But that is up to you.

I was not able to make this work. After pressing "shift", "scroll" does not light up. No zoom function. Had to press "shift" again to unlatch.
Hopefully fixed.

EDIT: sorry, wrong attachment :)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 01:49:50 PM by azslow3 »

Offline randro

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2021, 11:17:45 PM »
Hello Alexey,
Zoom mode works great now. I am so happy with the way everything works.
You have taken something that was minimally useful and turned it into an awesome
piece of gear!
Thank you so much!!

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2021, 08:14:54 AM »
Finally you can return to music creation :)

Offline randro

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2023, 10:31:42 PM »
Hello Alexey, I have been using my Faderport 2 using the preset you made for me since 2021 and it has worked great. Recently it stopped working completely and there was no indication for Last MIDI Event in AZ Controller GUI. I updated to version azctrl_0_5r11b419. I started to see MIDI events again and my Faderport started to work after I reloaded your preset AZ Faderport V2 0.5. The only difference now is that the "Pan" and "Channel" buttons are not working properly. Pan moves Now Time back and forth, and Channel does nothing. Is the preset you made for me compatible with this new version of AZSlow? I have included the file with your preset. Appreciate your help, Thanks

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2023, 09:07:35 AM »
I can only guess what has happened.

If it has stopped working completely, normally that means Cakewalk has switched MIDI devices. That was many time bugged and fixed, but for some reason still periodically
happened. Re-inserting Surface and assigning MIDI again normally helps.

For assignments. Check what really happens when you use buttons in question. You should see MIDI event and assigned named logical control. In the overview tab you can also
see what was executed. Depending from the result I can give other tips what to check.

I have loaded the preset in the latest beta (b422) is the preset looks reasonable (Channel and Pan buttons are assigned). It can be Faderport for some reason was switched into different mode and so buttons generate different messages, but that you can recognize using mentioned method.

Offline randro

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2023, 09:42:26 AM »
Hi Alexey, I'm not sure what happened, maybe I didn't restart CBB after I changed Faderport mode. In any case, it is working as it should right now.
Thanks for your help again.