Author Topic: Pseudo monitor for commands  (Read 2184 times)

Offline Don Stewart

Pseudo monitor for commands
« on: March 14, 2021, 12:46:43 PM »
I've recently purchased a Mackie Universal and have been modifying my BCF2000 preset -  which actually worked pretty.  I've remapped some buttons to match the screen printed label functions.  Some of these are command eg. Universal Solo,  Snap to on/off etc and apparently there's no command feedback to turn LEDs on/off.  I'm wondering if you can just set up a monitor to echo certain midi messages back to the surface to turn the LEDs on?  Sort of Pseudo feedback.   Anyone done anything like this ?  Thanks. Don

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Pseudo monitor for commands
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 08:43:47 AM »
Such pseudo feedback can be just confusing. What is the purpose of "Snap ON" LED in case it can be out of sync?

But if you want that, add Software States for corresponding parameter. F.e. "Snap" with states "Off"/"On". In the button processing add "Set state" "Snap" <next> <loop>. And make State monitor for Snap, which sends corresponding MIDI (based on current "Snap" state).

Just echo MIDI can be used for indication only, since once you press LED will be on but on release it will be immediately off. If you want "operation confirmation", echo "On" message when pressed and trigger Timer <once> f.e. with 0.5 sec. In that timer send "Off" message. So, if you press such button LED will lit for 0.5 sec (independent how fast you release the button).     

Offline Don Stewart

Re: Pseudo monitor for commands
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 01:16:05 PM »
Yes I think you're right alexy no point in
 Having  this but thanks for answering and the idea of a short on time just to confirm button sounds like an ok idea