Author Topic: X-Touch mini  (Read 6096 times)

Offline Spieler

X-Touch mini
« on: February 25, 2021, 12:28:19 PM »
Hello,
is it possible to adjust the behavior of the encoder 5 of the X-Touch mini when zooming to the behavior of the control + cursor keys (right or left)? Recently, the playback marker no longer centers, but moves out of the track view.

Is such a setting possible with your interface or do you have to program something extra?

I hope you don't have to go through too much trouble. You have already helped me once. I think your commitment is great. Thank you very much for that.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: X-Touch mini
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 04:15:30 PM »
Hello,

everything possible with keyboard is possible with MIDI. Even in case keyboard is not using available for surfaces operation (there are such shortcuts...), AZ Controller can generate "virtual keyboard" commands.

But in your current case there are "Commands".
In _fEncZoomH Control (which is called for Enc5 in single strip mode), instead of both "Zoom Hor. ..." actions (remove them) put the following actions:
1) "Set State" _NoYes <Map MIDI value>
2) _NoYes:No  "Command " "Zoom In Horizontal"
2) _NoYes:Yes  "Command " "Zoom Out Horizontal"
* in (2) and (3) _NoYes: is Action condition

Offline Spieler

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 02:45:41 PM »
Hello,
Thank you for your quick reply.
I still added the command "center at present time", because that jumped the view back to the start at a certain zoom level.
But now it works.

My entries are as follows:

- Ch->5
- Call ((None)) _fEncSelect(_Ch):
- '_NoYes' from MIDI value
- 'NoYes:No' - Command 'Horizontal vergrößern'
- 'NoYes:Yes' - Command 'Horizontal verkleinern'
- Command'Ansicht an Jetztzeit zentrieren'
- Call ((None)) _fEncSet(_Ch):

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 05:40:31 PM »
Whatever works for you is fine.

Note that I have suggested to put there actions into _fEncZoomH. The place you put them "breaks" other layers (multi-track, plugs). Also if you have not modified _fEncZoomH, you in fact "double zoom", so your commands are working and then previous zooming approach is applied.

Offline Spieler

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2021, 11:49:17 AM »
Too bad, I was so proud of myself for making it work. Then I guess I didn't get it right after all.

Hello,

I moved the encoder 5 and the text appeared in the Actions tab. I then tried until I found what you wrote to me. I was so happy that it finally worked.

I guess you can tell I have no idea what I was doing. It would be nice if you could write everything down for me step by step in a foolproof way. I would be very grateful.

After all, I don't want to create new problems again when I solve one. Among other things, I have the SampleTank. If you think my solution can cause problems with multitrack plugins, that wouldn't be so good, of course.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2021, 12:22:39 AM »
You had it right. Just not at the best place. And that is not really a fault, this preset call a chain of functions for every encoder in different modes. That is hard to follow, so I have mentioned the control explicitly.

By multi-track and plug-in modes I mean switching X-Touch (with layer buttons).

Offline Spieler

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2021, 12:35:33 PM »
Hello,
you were right, in SampleTank the encoder 5 was no longer present. Also, the zoom always worked when I changed the volume with encoder 5 in multitrack mode, in layer A.

But the good news, I now found the _fEncZoomH setting and made the changes there. Now it really works as it should. Thanks a lot for your help.

I still have a question: Is it possible to address the midi view separately? I would like to set the zoom in the midi view with the still free encoder 4. For example rotate -> zoom horizontal, press +rotate -> zoom vertical. Is something like this possible? Can I copy the settings from one encoder to the other?

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2021, 05:08:27 PM »
Cakewalk is not informing surface plug-in when the focus is in PRV, it has only "Track" "Console" and "Plug-in" contexts exposed.
You can copy actions by muli-select in the list and using copy/paste.
Press+rotate can be done, but I have found it not really practical on Mini (knobs are to hard to press for me...).

Offline Spieler

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2021, 10:16:29 PM »
Thank you very much for the answers. Once again you have helped me a lot. All the best to you.