Author Topic: Issue with Cakewalk 2021.01  (Read 2523 times)

Offline Klaus

Issue with Cakewalk 2021.01
« on: January 25, 2021, 09:54:10 PM »
Hi Alexey,

it's been a while, hope you're doing well.

I see that you already responded in the Cakewalk 2021.01 Feedback thread.

I have pretty much the same problems like Heinz has, including the temporarely "fix" by reloading my preset, but this too works only for a couple of fader movements and then the issue shows up again.

I've attached my preset in case it could be helpful.

Let me know if I can do anything more.

Alles Gute und bleib gesund!!
Klaus

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Issue with Cakewalk 2021.01
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 12:40:36 PM »
Hi Klaus,

Do you mean with jogging or something else? Which fader in your preset has problems?

I can't reproduce so far...

Offline Klaus

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 10:18:05 PM »
Hi Alexey,

I don't use jogging with AZ Controller but I use a Contour ShuttlePro device, which is not configured as a Control Surface (just key bindings).
Don't know if that is a factor.

About the faders: The problem I get is always after I move some faders, not before, oddingly.

After that, the issues are:

Repeatedly selecting a track (with X-Touch Compact buttons and "Select Strip") doesn't work immediately after a couple of button presses, instead the former selected track's button (X-Touch) stays lit and the new/actually selected track/strip (X-Touch) lits too but the corresponding track in Cakewalk still shows the former track as selected.
I.e. I have to press the button to select a track twice to get Cakewalk and Controller "in sync".

At this state other buttons (M-16DX controllers) also have to be pushed twice instead of one, e.g. "UI Toggle" and Commands.

I can see in AZ Controllers UI that the first press of a button is not recognized.

The other site of the issue is less obviously because it depends on how fast I move faders (X-Touch) or knobs (M-16DX):

Slow movements "seem" to be o.k. but fast movements (e.g. going from 0.0 to -INF repeatedly) will "snap" (on the controllers) to different values than in Cakewalk, e.g. - 72.8 instead of -INF and - 2.3 instead of 0.0/Unity.

I can imagine that this all is probably pretty difficult to test without the controllers I use but it's really evident compared to CbB 2020.11 and before.

Many thanks for looking into it, AZ Controller is such a fine piece of software, incomparable to any other "DAW - Control Surfaces" combination solutions! It's "The Missing Link" ;)

All the best,
Klaus

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 12:43:21 AM »
During reading your post... I have understood from where it comes  :)

Please download b412.

Thanks,
Alexey.

Offline Bassman

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 07:26:38 AM »
HI:)

You nailed it! the Problem is gone. Thank you a lot! Now I can use the new release:)

You're the greatest :D

Can you explain with a few words and easy where it came from?

Greetings;)
Heinz.

Offline Klaus

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 08:02:20 PM »
Awesome, you're the best!!

Everything is working well again now.

Thank you sooo much!!

Alles Gute,
Klaus