Author Topic: Startup Actions  (Read 1591 times)

Offline cupax

Startup Actions
« on: November 22, 2020, 11:19:07 PM »
Maybe a simple question, I just can't find the answer:
How do you set the actions on Cakewalk startup without touching anything on the controller?

I would like to reset my controller to the default state when I run Cakewalk or load new song.
Thanks.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Startup Actions
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 07:36:33 PM »
In AZ Controller nothing is "simple" :)

There is no dedicated "on startup" controls (apart from WAI Action can be asked to apply on startup). But that can be organized:
1) add some Software State Set in the Options Tab. Let say "Init". By default it will have one state, "Default", and that is fine for the perpose.
2) somewhere add "Init" Monitor (the same way you did for Loop). That monitor will be triggered on startup (precisely on preset load, which happens on Cakewalk startup).

Notes:
* parameter and state monitors are triggered at startup (triggered by "unknown" -> "something" change), so extra Initial feedback is only required in case you want put your controller into some mode, send Hello, send "reset everything". I mean there is no need to duplicate in Initial messages you send from individual controls
* there is "Monitor reset" <All> action, which can be used to (a kind of) imitate startup. Sometimes useful when controller was switched to some other mode, to "resync".