Author Topic: Console View Show/Hide Pro channel and Enable Pro Channel controls  (Read 1686 times)

Offline Don Stewart

Hi Alexy,
I'm still using the MCU preset I modded (with heaps of help from you a few years ago) to work with the BCF2000 in MCU Mode,  and it works fantastically with  CWbBL.   I can do everything I want except three small things which would be handy.   I would like to be able to:

1)   Control the Show/Hide  ProChannel control  (small arrow head at top of each strip) 
2) the ProChannel enable switch for each Channel strip.   
3)  Enable/bypass Effects bin   (this feature was just added to the CW MCU plugin. I don't think the CW MCU plugin is really very usable compared tousing  AZCTRL with my MCU/BCF2000 preset)

Does the latest AZCtrl expose these controls ?  I can't find them  but I might not be looking in the right place?
thanks
Don

PS I am happy to share my preset but you did not want that unless I documented it properly and I just have never had time (or the will power) to do that.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Console View Show/Hide Pro channel and Enable Pro Channel controls
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 07:26:04 AM »
Hi Don,

"Bypass effects bin" API was added recently (originating from this thread http://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,510.60.html ). For ProChannel related buttons you will need to ask Cakewalk first (and since that worked with bypass bin, there is a big chance they add it).
I still have not updated AZ Controller to use bypass effects, that will hopefully happened soon.

Offline Don Stewart

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 07:56:40 AM »
Thanks Alexey
I will post a wish on the Cakewalk Forum.  Glad to hear you are still happy to give us updates to AzCtrl. For me it's the only thing I can use to make BCF2000 usable with CW.
Thanks for all your work
Don

Offline Don Stewart

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 08:02:00 AM »
I found a work around for the show/hide pro-channel,   You can assign that function to a keybinding (I used num+) then you just setup AZCTRL to send the key to CW when you press a switch on the relevant BCF channel.   (I assigned to  the Modifier (M+) plus  Vpot Switch for that channel.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2020, 05:32:19 PM »
Sure, everything possible with keyboard shortcuts (or a sequence of shortcuts) works in AZ Controller. But that is inconvenient (Cakewalk must be in focus and no feedback).

I am still around, but I have just moved from one place to another and so last half a year I had almost no free time. In addition I am using REAPER last years (and I still miss AZ Controller there... lol...).