Author Topic: Sibiac: Single Image Blob Interface Accessible Control  (Read 44858 times)

Offline El Crack Loko

Re: Sibiac: Single Image Blob Interface Accessible Control
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2022, 09:00:21 PM »
Friend Brother; thank you very much for this. Do you know where I can read all about this LBL project? When was it created, who made it, any of its history? What does LBL mean? Etc. I would like to donate if possible and do tutorials on the Youtube channel of Accesible Music Production, the group where several Spanish-speaking blind producers meet and help each other, it's a great thing to have found this. As I read in the readme, is the latest version from February 6, 2022? But in the Google date.txt of Groups.me, it shows that its last modification was on May 22, 2022, what happens is that I can't find a link to download it from there. Thanks for the Reaper Accessible in French page, you can always learn something from other communities, too bad it has audio tutorials and they are in French, since I don't know the language.

Offline clapmauricio

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2022, 02:14:44 PM »
Sorry, my friend. I don't have more informations about LBL...
Anyway, Sibiac has been updated.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2022, 09:18:54 AM »
LBL supports several plug-ins when they are used in REAPER. So it is a project in the same direction as SIBIAC. For technical reasons LBL include SIBIAC but overlay some additional plug-ins. The list overlaps, some small overlays originally supported by SIBIAC work different way with LBL.

From my knowledge LBL is supervised by Lee. There is no dedicated web page, also for some reason Lee has difficulties with this forum. All questions about LBL can be asked in the RWP mailing list, new versions are announced in the list as well, with corresponding links. The first time the project was made public was around the end of 2020 and it is in continuous development.
I think authors of LBL know how to program in Python so the code is good written and organized.

Offline Druify

• Music's the first and last love
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2022, 09:05:12 PM »
Hello,

thanks for the information about LBL. I understand that you choose other priorities.

However I discovered that SIBIAC is slowing down strongly when I use Reaper with Izotope VocalSynth2 VST3. That is accessible without SIBIAC, but somehow it seems to try doing OCR.

Now I'll try LBL.

My setup with Reaper in current version 6.67: SWS Extension, Reapack all repositories from reapack page, OSARA, some tools by Access4Music that use OCR as well and are only activated when I need them. Screenreader NVDA in current version.

Best regards,
Druify

Offline gadeuvall2000

« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2023, 10:50:27 PM »
NVDA Update just came out that is incompatabile with SIBIAC.  Until SIBIAC has been updated to work with this new version of NVDA, please do not update.

Furthermore, I'd like to propose eventual work on getting Superior Drummer 3 to start being worked on.  EZDrummer 2 is now outdated and EZDrummer 3 is also out.   I know SD3 has a huge interface, but starting with the basics would be a great start.  being at least able to switch drums and loads presets.  That'd get our foot in the door significantly just on those two aspects.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2023, 05:24:35 PM »
I will install new NVDA tomorrow, thanks for the information. Note I don't like NVDA's approach auto-obsolete add-ons regularly.

SD3 and EZDrummer 3 are using complicated dynamic interface. Unlike in EZDrummer 2 it is not possible to bind elements to particular coordinates. May be loading presets can be done, but anything else is just not realistic. SIBIAC as it is now has very low limits what it can overlay. For anything more complicated I have to use significantly different approach. A small peace of code from new concept is going to be used for Melodyne 5 ARA overlay, which I hope is ready before summer.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2023, 04:35:51 PM »
SIBIAC and SIBIAC OCR are re-uploaded to work with NVDA 2023.1
I have not changed anything, in my quick test that was not needed. But let me know if there are issues.

Offline gadeuvall2000

« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2023, 09:48:51 AM »
Thank you.

Yeah I understand SD3 will be difficult, but I know the menus on main page seem to be in same place, problem is, with oCR it's difficult to tell where one ends and another begins.  if Presets and at least instrument changing/adding is possible, which I've been successful, somewhat, with OCR, that'd be enough.  Realisticly, for me, I don't do a whole lot of changing in the mixing console on the program, so any major screen changing functions would not be as necessary, but at least some approach as you mentioned.  Just takes time.   Hope we can get something going soon. 

Offline Outsidepro

« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2023, 08:17:33 AM »
Hello, Alexey!

Seems down from OSARA's commit https://github.com/jcsteh/osara/commit/765b7102ead88a3f4e0f862d3db5f3fdac0d6b6f SIBIAC loses the reaFXDialog in many cases. Unfortunately I don't know what  OSARA does exactly because I know C badly, thus I cannot fix it in installed SIBIAC instance... No any log information provides, It feels like SIBIAC just skips the FX chains.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2023, 08:33:06 PM »
Thank you for pointing to exact commit. It in fact can change a bit NVDA structure and so change SIBIAC behavior. If you can write a bit more about what and when you have observed,
that may speedup the bug hunting. In particular, when SIBIAC is not recognizing the FX, which I guess the problem you get, can you correctly audition FX name in the tree?
The following is just for info, skip if you are not interested or it sounds too technical.
FX dialog was always tricky since TreeView used for plug-in list there requires in-process hook to be accessible. NVDA is 32bit and GUI of some plug-ins consumes used for the purpose memory range.
Several approached was in game. SIBIAC is using own hook when other approaches fail, but I know it for some unknown reason also periodically failing. Since the problem was understood, there probably some changes in NVDA and OSARA I have not tracked.
The commit you link is not about mentioned problem, but it could influence SIBIAC hook functionality.
I will try to check what is going on with current versions of REAPER, NVDA and OSARA.

Offline Outsidepro

« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2023, 10:57:48 AM »
I know about 32-bit memory allocating problem (I'd wrote about a few posts above). but it's not that case. Now I have clear new project which I just created and didn't make any work with in fact. I am inserting EZDrummer and SIBIAC cannot hook its name in listview. The name intercepts correctly I have no any memory errors in, NVDA can correctly route the mouse cursor to. The rendering name looks like:
VSTi: EZdrummer (Toontrack) (32 out)
I've copied this name using key command NVDA+Numpad5 thrice. I there was a memory error, I would get the error instead of name in clipboard.
REAPER version: v6.78 (X64).
OSARA version: 2023.1pre-1139,6c64a384
Tested NVDA versions: 2022.4, 2023.1
Tested SIBIAC versions: 0.23p2b8, 0.23p2b10
P.S.: Cockos has made correct labeling of FX bypass checkbox, but when SIBIAC works with opened FX chain correctly, it reports as old "Enabled" instead of "FX Active". Thus When the hook isn't executes, I see the new label name. It feels like SIBIAC doesn't define this window as ReaFXChain at all.

UPD: I've downgraded OSARA from 2023.1pre-1139,6c64a384 to 2022.1pre-967,977b32a5 and SIBIAC works correctly here.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 11:20:00 AM by Outsidepro »

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2023, 06:06:03 PM »
I have discussed in https://github.com/jcsteh/osara/pull/877...
I will make a version with fix tomorrow. Again thanks for precise information from where it comes, that has saved me many hours.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2023, 10:34:34 AM »
Modified version of SIBIAC is uploaded, but probably it will not work with older OSARA. At least I have not tested that.

Offline Outsidepro

« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2023, 11:34:19 AM »
Yeah, SIBIAC 0.23p2b11 does not work with OSARA below this commit.