Author Topic: Sibiac: Single Image Blob Interface Accessible Control  (Read 44923 times)

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Sibiac: Single Image Blob Interface Accessible Control
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2021, 09:32:52 AM »
Hello. I will check the compatibility issue. Note that SIBIAC in most parts is GPL licensed software, so it can be modified by anyone independent from me. Also your English is good for me, since I am Russian. lol.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2021, 04:18:04 PM »
I have quickly checked. For 2021.1 you need re-download SIBIAC OCR and use test version of SIBIC: https://www.azslow.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=69
Both should report they are compatible with 2021.1 and so can be installed, no other changes so far.

I have just opened REAPER with EZDrummer and SIBIAC was still able to work with RC2, without changes in the source. So, if it does not work please provide more details with which software you try to use it.
For overlapped windows, so far every time I was checking remotely on someones computer there was external popup window or window was not sufficiently big to fit the whole content. Sorry, to fix something I have to reproduce that first. I can connect to you using your proffered method,  for checking warning issue Skype can be sufficient. For anything else I prefer remote control like TeamViewer or AnyDisk. Let me know in PM when and if you have time.

Offline El Crack Loko

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2021, 07:06:09 PM »
All excellent, I am using Sibiac with NVDA 2021.1 Beta 1 and Windows 11. I only have one question and sorry if I ask it here since I did not find the edit box in the thread corresponding to the topic. It's about Addictive Drums. Where can I activate the battery caps? You know, those ornaments that Toms make. And why when I activate the preview of a Preset, it does not play with the one corresponding to the genre. Do I have to activate / deactivate something? The only way to play the new Preset as genre is, is by setting it to start with that Preset when the Plugin is opened, and then closing and opening Reaper. I'd appreciate a lot if you could help me, bro.
By the way, I had not taken the time to thank you enormously for the compatibility you made with NVDA 2021 and with the RC / Beta versions. I have heard that there was a modification of your plugin for the free Steven Slate Drums 5.5 Plugin. Why don't you implement that modification in your official plugin? Or where I could prove it, if you will let me know.
Take care brother, that you are well.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2021, 04:13:59 PM »
Sorry, I probably have not understood most of your questions. AD supports up to 18 kit peaces. Last 3 are so called flexi, normally assigned to unusual sounds. AD interface has Beats and Gallery sections. These are not covered by SIBIAC, I guess that is the reason you can't change what is played by preview.
Steven Slate is not covered by SIBIAC. In fact there is other plugin which covers more plug-ins. For technical reason SIBIAC can't be used in parallel with other related NVDA plug-ins, so that other plug-in developer has incorporated SIBIAC in his own project. There is no concurrence nor conflicts, it is just forced solution till we find different approach. Follow RWP mailing list where you can download that plug-in, for some reason it has no own web site nor other web based fixed location I can reference here.

Offline El Crack Loko

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2022, 06:33:30 PM »
Hello Friend how are you? Thanks for the information provided, in the end I never joined the RWP list since I am a Spanish speaker and my English proficiency is nil jajaja, so it would be a pain (whatever haha) to be translating all the messages all the time. weather. I want to apologize for coming here to ask you for things because NVDA or rather NV-Access again broke compatibility with all plugins in its version 2022.1 so all plugins were unusable. Dude, tell me if you can get Sibiac to keep working on this NVDA version, it's still in the Beta phase by the way. And also ask what happened to the development of Sibiac, my greatest wish, is that this complement does not die, please. IF you need any financial incentive to go ahead with this, or if you have to pay, please let me know to raise some money with some friends and send you for some beers or whatever you need, if you drink alcohol jajajaja. By the way, I just remembered that you are Russian. I don't want to get into the situation in the country but I just want to say, if you need anything, we are here to help with whatever we can. A hug from Ecuador🇪🇨 South America
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 06:36:03 PM by El Crack Loko »

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2022, 09:21:36 PM »
Hello. I will check the compatibility with NVDA next days and I will let you know when SIBIAC is ready for it. For RWP, there are many people which use automatic translation there. Yes, from time to time that produce misunderstanding. But all members understand that and so that is never a problem. RWP is international,
For SIBIAC, the development is just paused. The problem is not money but time. I with Gerad have created solution for Behringer digital mixers, so they can be controlled convenient accessible way and also provide voice feedback when you operate the unit itself. I mean the community was always preferring analog mixers since digial mixers was not accessible. And so we have decided to do something in that direction, Gerad plays live and digital mixers has many advantages like quick scene changing and build-in effects. Using computer with an audio interface and throw the DAW monitoring on stage is an extra peace of real-time equipment which can fail, analog mixer with hardware effects is expensive, heavy and a bit outdated way. By the way, we was successful. Some aspects of particular devices are still not covered, but almost everything  for Behringer X18 and X32 Producer is covered.
I am still Russian citizen, but I live in Germany for more then two decades. And fortunately current situation does not hit me nor my family. But sure, mentally all that is hard to perceive.

Offline El Crack Loko

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2022, 11:43:30 PM »
Thank you for responding to my message with everything I mentioned. I think that the RWP community is also a good way to find out about everything that is being developed for us around accessible music production, right? or they only make requests about Reaper, I mean, because of the RWP thing.
Forgive my ignorance, but when you refer to Behringer digital mixers, I know the brand by the way, they have been improving their Audio Interfaces lately, what do you mean specifically? to Plugins of emulations like those of the analog console SCL 4000? I mean, I would consider that a digital mixer, and I know that Behringer has good consoles. Or maybe it is that Behringer has released a digital console as such where it has its effects incorporated as usual in consoles.
I am glad that this Russian stupidity is not affecting you and your family, I am very sorry for the citizens who have to pay the piper for a human being who came out privileged with such power. Oh well. Let's hope this happens soon, a big hug. By the way, did you say Gerad? Another Russian developer?

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2022, 12:44:30 AM »
Behringer is famous for developing cheap staff. They produce X32, which is related to Midas M32, but cheaper. Since then they have made smaller versions of X32 and even cheaper stage box format mixers, X12 to X18. The sound quality is not at the level of top devices, but it is better then in cheapest Xenyx analog mixers. The price is also in-between. These devices have everything on-board, including effects. There was already text based controlling solution, but we have developed user friendly solution which also provide speaking feedback from device.
RWP primary target is REAPER, but all other accessibility solutions are discussed there as well.
Gerad is and always was in US. I have started develop SIBIAC for him, at the beginning for Sonar, we have switched to REAPER later.

Offline clapmauricio

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2022, 12:41:39 PM »
Hello, good morning here in Brazil!
I am a SIBIAC user and, now, I don't know how download a compatible version with NVDA 2022.1.
Can you help me?

Congratulations for your work, it is very important to me.

Offline El Crack Loko

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2022, 01:19:25 PM »
Hi, friend. I'm not AzLow, but I hope my answer can help you. If it works for you, go to the path %appdata%\nvda\addons (you can do it by copying what I wrote in the run menu with Windows+R or by going to any folder in your file explorer, pressing F4, deleting what is there and pasting what I wrote and pressing enter)
In this path, look for the sibiac folder, enter and open the manifest.ini file
Change lastTestedNVDAVersion = "2021.1" to lastTestedNVDAVersion = "2022.1.0"
Do the same with sibiac_ocr. I hope I don't annoy developer AzLow with my unwelcome reply. Let's always remember to use the plugins from their official sources and if it is in our possibilities, support the economic development of our plugins to encourage the development of more tools for us as producers. Let us remember that, if things stop developing, we are the ones affected. I really feel sad that this project is not going ahead, but well. Here we follow, at the foot of the canyon, an Ecuadorian saying. Greetings to Brazil friend and namesake Mauricio. From Guayaquil, the pearl.

Offline clapmauricio

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2022, 04:31:31 PM »
Thank you for your help. Now it works again.
I am here to help the comunity, too. Together, we can make the project alive. I am not talking about Sibiac only, but about all important tools.

Thank you again, El Crack Loco.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2022, 11:28:20 PM »
I want to say several words why this project is a kind of frozen...
First of all, there is LBL. It is a project with similar approach and it is active.
Second, since I have a house I am in permanent renovation which I mostly do myself. And there is garden to organize. I have almost no experience in these activities, but I have a lot of fun doing that. I am programmer. While SIBIAC and my other projects  are my hobby, that is still programming. I think it is good to do something unrelated to primary activity, also from health perspective. Last years I start to notice that sitting up to 16 hours in front of monitor every day is not good.
Third. There are other projects and they periodically have priority. For example I think the first truly accessibly digital mixer solution is more important that one or two additional accessibly plug-ins.
Forth and probably most important. From the beginning on, I knew that SIBIAC approach in its current form is not really the way to go. It should be possible to recognize an interface preferably completely automatic and at minimum semi-automatic way. I mean any interface of any program. I am convinced that is possible. I also think that is the only safe way in general. It is impossible  convince all developers write accessible programs, that is not going to happened. In addition writing a program with modern interface which is good for sighted users and accessible at the same time is almost impossible. Standard accessibility APIs are disaster, the way screen readers use them is even worse. I try to move in the direction which I think has future, but that needs huge knowledge and experience in graphical recognition. I need to learn these topics before I can apply them. That takes time.

Offline clapmauricio

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2022, 12:45:05 PM »
I wish the best for you. I can understand you and can imagine the dificults of a busy life.
Finally, I hope you be fine soon. Thank you for all, from a brazilian fan.

Offline samuraijack

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2022, 09:48:43 PM »
Does anybody by chance have  a link to this LBL project? I can't seem to find it :)

Offline El Crack Loko

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2022, 12:10:30 AM »
Hi, I can't find it either. I found something in groups.me, but no link to see what's new or something from the project