Author Topic: Sibiac: Single Image Blob Interface Accessible Control  (Read 44861 times)

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Sibiac: Single Image Blob Interface Accessible Control
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2020, 03:02:29 PM »
We have spotted the problem only last week. Thank you for the information it is not concrete system dependent and there is little chance it can be fixed in NVDA.

Unfortunately I do not know any method to get DLL name for a window. The process is REAPER, NVDA already use that to select overlay module. Embedded window
is created by some function within DLL, but I do not think Windows architecture supports such lookup. Most frameworks dynamically create Class names, so they are
all JUCExxx or Pluginxxx. That is why I use ListView for detection.

I will try to find some solution.

Offline Outsidepro

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2020, 11:07:11 AM »
I have ready to share you the sourcecode of our clicker, but it written in Purebasic. But there is the solution of.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2020, 01:31:21 PM »
Thanks, but for the reason I have mentioned before I doubt that approach will work in the REAPER FX window. This window is a container, it display interfaces from different plug-ins. The process is still REAPER. Finally some plug-ins, for example Waves, are loading throw one single shell DLL.

But can you write me the link of your bug report to NVDA? May be we can bump it.

Offline erion

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2020, 11:21:36 AM »
Hello,

I just wanted to write a quick message to thank you for the new 0.23p1 update, which fixes my one object per window issue via NVDA object nav.

As always, thank you for your continuous support!

Offline x0

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2020, 02:11:58 AM »
Hello. I am reporting a critical bug in the add-on that affets those of us using any NVDA releases other than the full ones. Back when I was on 2020.1 rc1 this happened, and also now I'm on 2020.2 beta 1 this happened. If the version info that you happen to be parsing from versionInfo.version string contains anything that cna't be converted to an integer, it will cause an import error of SIBIAC and effectively render the Reaper window unfocusable. I tried patching this with a try catch with a manual population of the list but then I started getting index errors. Just letting you know how you should be building the version info for NVDA so this will work, this is how add-ons are supposed to check version info. The versionInfo module has three attributes called version_year, version_major and version_minor. Those should be used in place of the list indexes. If you still want to build the list as simply [versionInfo.version_year, versionInfo.version_major, versionInfo.version_minor], there is one more thing you should look at in the compatibility if statement. When checking for version_year being 2019 and version_major being less than 3, you end up calling the wrong index for 2019. Following is the patch I made to lines 24 and 25 in AppModules/sibiac/__init__.py using the list creation pattern so not much else had to change. This lets it work as far as I've seen, it definitely isn't causing such propagated import errors that I can't focus the reaper window.
nvda_version = [versionInfo.version_year, versionInfo.version_major, versionInfo.version_minor]
if nvda_version[0] < 2019 or (nvda_version[0] == 2019 and nvda_version[1] < 3):

Best regards
x0

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2020, 11:04:39 AM »
Thank you for reporting, it will be fixed in the next release (I will send you the link to test version in PM).

Offline x0

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2020, 05:12:57 PM »
One more suggestion for the next release, though I'm not sure how hard this is to implement on your end. On platforms that have it, I.E. most versions of Windows 10, could you take advantage of the UWP OCR? It may yield better results and I think the overall processing time is less. Perhaps this could be implemented in a way that if it is available it would be used first which would then mean you don't have to have the sibiac_ocr add-on installed, but if it isn't then whatever failure you do when the OCR add-on isn't present still applies, for those on older versions of Windows.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2020, 05:59:50 PM »
Current OCR is slow just because I use it very inefficient way. Changing that is long time in my list.
Is UWP OCR better for my purpose is an open question, I have not checked yet. Note that really bad results are coming from parsing very bad text, sometimes barely if at all readable for sighted users. In most plug-ins text is just historical part of the interface and the trend is making it smaller till no longer recognizable, just as a decoration. For example an older version of one plug-in I have overplayed still had text for banks, but newer version display pictures instead.
The trend is present for example in envelopes. Old plug-ins had Attack, Decay, Sustain  and Release controls, some without any resulting graphic. Then they have replaced all that with one graph of the envelope, with points movable by mouse. But in many cased there still was ADSR characters. These days some plug-in do not even mark the graph "Envelope", assuming everyone understand that by the graph form. 

Offline x0

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2020, 03:44:21 AM »
Can anything be done to ad accessibility to Kontakt 6? I'd like to be able to access things like batch resave and load presets without paying for access4music scripts. I understand some stuff just won't work, like in-window browsers, but having access to batch resave and conversion of wav to ncw and stuff like that would be great. It's fine if it's just with Kontakt and not in Komplete Kontrol since you probably have no real way to tell what's loaded in Komplete Kontrol.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2020, 09:28:30 PM »
I think access4music is the right way to organize things. I am not going to overlay plug-in for which payed scripts from access4music exist, sorry.

Offline michael.vogt

Guitar Rig 6
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2020, 05:06:05 PM »
It is very helpfull to be able navigate through presets within guitar rig 5.  Within guitar rig 6 it is no longer possible. Very handy: within the stand alone version, I can select the categores, filter, search form, select presets, save and load presets - just with screenreader jaws. but in plugin instance, there is no longer any way to navigate through presets. Is there a chance that you can implement the navigation to select the categories and to select presets to be able using guitar rig 6?

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2020, 09:55:24 PM »
Not within next weeks, sorry.

Offline nguyenvanthanhnghia

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2021, 01:43:15 PM »
Hello. First of all I thank you for creating this amazing tool.
Are you planning to add Real Guitar by Music Lab to the list of accessible plug-ins? It is a great guitar vst

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2021, 04:18:24 PM »
Hello. I don't have Real Guitar. And I am busy with other activities for more then a year, so there was no recent SIBIAC development.
Just checking the interface, I think it is possible to overlay it. I mean unlike some other plug-ins that is manageable. At the same time there was some announcement for JUCE framework accessibility and I guess Real Guitar interface is JUCE based.

Offline El Crack Loko

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2021, 11:17:51 PM »
Hello. NVDA 2021.1 is here very soon, so SIBIAC will no longer be supported by NVDA because of Python dependency updates like WxPython 4.1.1. My question is if we will have some kind of update, for example, at the moment having the RC2 of NVDA 2021.1 I am unable to make use of SIBIAC; there is also the permanent message from SIBIAC saying that it is not able to read all the contents of the window. That always comes out, even if everything is well configured and there are no window overlays. I have seen various comrades on various computers; I don't know if it would be impolite of me to ask that if you don't have the corresponding time, you put the project free on JitHub, so that other programmers can also collaborate. In the end, you are the one who decides whether or not to approve such contributions from JitHub. A thousand apologies for the inconvenience, Friend Azlow, and sorry for my terrible English, I'm Latino jajajajaja, although that's no excuse for me to learn the language jaja.