General > Control Surfaces/ACT

Mackie Control support improvements (!!!NOT AZ Controller!!!)

<< < (2/4) > >>

kashmate:
"External device" refers to any Mackie-Control compatible device (for example X-Touch / FaderPort8 / QCon / etc..)
As we all know,each vendor claims that their device is Mackie-Control compatible, but in reality, the implementation is partial.
Usually the basic stuff works (transport, volume faders, pan, etc...) - But the buttons are always different.
My idea was to be able to map these devices buttons into user defined mapping.
We already have such functionality in the MCU properties dialog (with the Function buttons mapping) - But I would like to support any button on the MCU "compatible" device.

For example, to map the "Marker" button on X-Touch device to Sonar's "Add Marker" command,etc...

azslow3:
There was mod is such direction: http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3092979

But note that:
* X-Touch has correct original Mackie labeling. Original Sonar plug-in (as other DAWs Mackie plug-ins) has special overlay for a reason, Logic labeled layout simply does not "fit" well into Sonar functionality. So while they could implement some buttons as they are labeled, that was not possible for all buttons.
* QCon had a bit more problems then just with labeling in its Mackie compatibility
* FaderPort8 and all other known Mackie compatible (except mentioned X-Touch and QCon) are in fact so far away with the number of controls from Mackie unit that even with possible "re-mapping" of buttons they can not provide there best using Mackie plug-in

Also I have plans to re-make my Mackie preset for AZ Controller, especially for X-Touch (using Behringer protocol instead of Mackie compatibility mode, to support color display...). Not sure when that happens, but that will probably make current plug-in "obsolete" (current Mack. preset in AZ Controller already provides almost the same functionality as original, it is just not well tested and newer versions of AZ Controller allows to do it much cleaner, in such preset it is not only simple to change any assignments but also possible to adopt the logic for concrete device).

Hermu:
How can i get Loop On/Off to work with MackieControl.dll
i have downloaded the latest version from this page and it all works as expected, only Loop On/Off did not switch Loop On/Off.

iCON Platfom M+ sends 86 0x56 (Note D6) if Loop Button is pressed, but it does'nt work.
this button works with most other DAWs Mackie Control support.
i know, there is no official Mackie Control protokoll, but a real Mackie Control device sends also Note D6 for Loop On/Off.
http://web.archive.org/web/20080126093602/http://members.aol.com/mhigrules/MCMap.htm

azslow3:
Sonar MCU Layout has 2 "loop" buttons,
one is 'Set "LOOP" navigation mode" (85, MCU "Next From") and another is "LOOP ON/OFF" (89, MCU "Loop")

86 is 'Set "SELECT" navigation mode' (MCU "End"), so while working, you do not see immediate result at all from this code, till you use Rewind/Fast Forward.

orchardhouse:

--- Quote from: azslow3 on August 13, 2017, 09:18:05 AM ---
Also I have plans to re-make my Mackie preset for AZ Controller, especially for X-Touch (using Behringer protocol instead of Mackie compatibility mode, to support color display...). Not sure when that happens, but that will probably make current plug-in "obsolete" (current Mack. preset in AZ Controller already provides almost the same functionality as original, it is just not well tested and newer versions of AZ Controller allows to do it much cleaner, in such preset it is not only simple to change any assignments but also possible to adopt the logic for concrete device).

--- End quote ---

I just picked up an X-Touch for use with SONAR Platinum and like the X-Touch very much. But Behringer isn't going to be providing templates any time soon, and I'd love to have the X-Touch buttons mapped properly without a template (or a Dymo labeller).

What are you working on for mapping existing functions to an X-Touch specifically? I see that Harrison MixBus allows you to select both control protocol and control surface, so it maps the X-Touch buttons to MixBus very well. I'd love to see that for SONAR.

PS - I'm a .Net developer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version