AZ Controller plug-in for Cakewalk SONAR > Tutorials

Buttons or Pads with LEDs: mastering the feedback and software modes (advanced)

<< < (3/3)

azslow3:
Q&A

* If your buttons produce MIDI signals when they are pressed only, but not when they are released (on many surfaces, transport buttons are by default in MMC mode, sending SysEx when there are pressed, other send ProgramChange, which also has no "Off"), which from mentioned controls in this preset will not work? Correct answer: ModeSwitch and BankDown. Do you understand why? If yes, you can also understand why it is a good idea to switch all buttons/pads on your surface into Note/CC/PolyAftertouch mode. And also why there is NO difference between Note/CC/PA in respect to controlling the DAW
* If your buttons are in "switch" mode, so then send "On" when they pressed once (nothing on release) and "Off" next time (nothing on release). What does that mean for the preset? Correct answer: the same problem as in (1), in addition all actions in REACTION should be set to "Note:Any" since "Note:On" and "Note:Off" mean the same operation on hardware side
* If the surface has LEDs near/under buttons, but they do not react on the same MIDI. What to do? Ups...: read the documentation, google is your friend, if everything else fail, try to send all possible messages to see if something works  ;)
Some ideas about buttons and LEDs
* if you have color LEDs: you can try to use different colors in different modes, also you can try to make the "level" indication from one such LED (level -> color).
* there are MANY combinations you can organize with just 2 buttons (in my case, leftmost and middle button on my Digital Piano), using "long press", the first is pressed when the second is still pressed separate from the second is pressed when the first is still pressed, in addition to "normal" pressed/released for each. Combined with the transport, that opens even more possibilities (f.e. controlling the volume in Play/Rec with "long press", just stop by the first, stop+undo+rec again by the second in the rec mode while "move to the next marker" in the play mode).

Please do not hesitate to ask questions, correct my bad English or comment. You are welcome!  :)

azslow3:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version