Author Topic: Softube Console 1 Preset in the works  (Read 11201 times)

Offline helgenr1

Re: Softube Console 1 Preset in the works
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2016, 02:41:56 PM »
I think only the UI_ named controls are detached and not used for now (5 total), but even if I delete these on the Hardware tab, I still see quite some detached controls on the Logic tab: Detached 35, 36, 38, 39, 40, 52 and 53. I think these are not bound to any hardware control or at least I don't know how to find out to which one (so I could delete that control on hardware tab). The current Preset is attached.

Cheers,
helgenr1
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 02:44:39 PM by helgenr1 »

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2016, 05:18:33 PM »
Detached are only logical controls which are indicated as "Detached XX". These you can select in the lower box of Hardware tab and delete there.
To delete Hardware controls, the best way is to detach and delete the logical control (to avoid it is hanging as "detached"), then delete hardware context (still in Hardware tab) and then delete the control (in the Options tab). A bit complicated, but that is not every day operation...

Offline helgenr1

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2016, 07:55:55 PM »
Thanks!! I didn't notice that I can delete the detached controls in the lower box of hardware tab.

Cheers,
helgenr1

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2016, 08:26:01 PM »
Since from the beginning AZ Controller was developed with MPK mini in mind, and this controller has 4 hardware "presets" which are easy to switch, there is a concept of Hardware Controls, Hardware Contexts and Logical Controls. Single Hardware control can have several contexts (presets) in which DAW (AZ Controller) see it as different Logical controls. The knowledge that  real control is still the same is used to correctly process knobs with non direct modes (catch or instant).

All that is not used in presets published on this site. Most hardware controllers have sufficient amount of controls to organize "software modes" (without changing hardware presets).

Offline helgenr1

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2016, 07:29:46 PM »
Preset is ready, I posted it here:

http://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,324.0.html

Cheers,
helgenr1

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2016, 07:47:46 AM »
Thanks for sharing! I have moved your post into Presets section.