Author Topic: How to view the program context done by others for AZ controller  (Read 5260 times)

Offline mcmahon48

There are no context examples in the manual  for the controller context and no logic examples so I would like to see some examples of what someone has done with the same brand yet similar device and what context to be careful using

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: How to view the program context done by others for AZ controller
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 07:04:36 PM »
If you mean hardware context, than you are right. I guess I am the only one who has used that feature for my MPK MINI, and I have never published any preset for it.

But the concept of hardware contexts is described in the documentation. The whole logic is simple: if one hardware control can send more then one MIDI event, it is better to let AZ Controller know  that both events are coming from the same control.

In practice the only useful case are "Catch" and "Instant" value assigning modes for knobs and faders. Since the result in such operations depends from the physical controller position, moving it in one context should be known in another context for correct value calculation.

Hardware States are used for orientation purpose only, to see in the Logical Control and Last MIDI event from which hardware context the value comes.

I attach small example with one knob for controlling Volume and Pan in "Instant" mode. You will need to reassign MIDI to BOTH Logical controls. I have named 2 hardware presets "Prog 1" and "Prog 2", I repeat that is just for informational purpose (not required).

Offline mcmahon48

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 05:22:22 AM »
what program do I use to view these files is what I was looking for

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 08:59:25 AM »
Sorry, I do not understand the question. Which files do you mean?

Offline mcmahon48

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 03:50:13 PM »
* BCR2000_beta7.zip.spp  for example

Offline mcmahon48

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 03:53:29 PM »
* BCR2000_beta7.zip.spp

Offline mcmahon48

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 03:54:28 PM »
* ContextExample.spp

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 06:55:01 PM »
spp files are presets for AZ Controller. They can be installed using Cakewalk Plug-in Manager (Utilities menu in Sonar), see any post in Presets board for step by step instruction how to do this (or watch youtube video in my channel).

Once installed, the preset can be selected from AZ Controller user interface. These presets are in fact programs, created withing that interface and they can be viewed/modified there. It is relatively hard to understand what a complex preset is doing, I do not recommend analyze BCR2000 preset since that is the most complicated one. But small examples are simple. In any case, you will need to real User Manual to understand what particular control is doing.

In short (simplified): on known incoming MIDI event, some action list from "Logic" Tab is executed; there are also timers and monitors which can be triggered without user interaction, once triggered, corresponding action list from "Feedback" Tab is called. The action list can be as simple as calling some command in Sonar (f.e. Play) or a huge list of different actions, only part of which is executed under specific conditions (shift and other mod keys, Sonar context, transport state, etc). That is what you can observe in BCR preset.