Author Topic: Does AZ Controller Follow Plugins Like ACT Does?  (Read 3634 times)

Offline silverbluemedallion

Does AZ Controller Follow Plugins Like ACT Does?
« on: May 30, 2016, 08:59:10 PM »
Hello,

I just found your software and it looks impressive.  Quick question for you - will it follow VST to VST whichever window is in focus so i can change from softsynth to softsynth?

Thank You!

Adam

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Does AZ Controller Follow Plugins Like ACT Does?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 11:55:25 PM »
Hello Adam,

AZ Controller is based on the same API as Cakewalk ACT MIDI (and all other Cakewalk Control Surface plug-ins). ACT Dynamic Mapping (in many posts referenced as "ACT", while it is just a part of it) is doing exactly what you describe, when you somehow change the focus (by mouse, keyboard or the surface), the mapping is changed to that plug-in. Logically that also introduce a limitation, only one VST can be controlled at any particular time using this Dynamic mapping. The system can be asked to lock the mapping and no longer follow the focus ("ACT Lock").

Within AZ Controller there are several advanced method to focus particular plug-in from the surface, for example it is possible to configure a button to bring particular effect (f.e. EQ) of particular track (f.e. "VOX") into focus.

It is also possible to control some parameters "directly", without ACT Dynamic Mapping. F.e. always control Compressor ratio for "VOX", in parallel with current plug-in in focus.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Does AZ Controller Follow Plugins Like ACT Does?
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 12:05:18 AM »
PS. Have you seen my last reply in the Cakewalk Forum? I will be glad in case you use AZ Controller and I am ready to help you with the configuration, but nothing wrong with using ACT MIDI in case you do not need any extra functionality (and/or you do not want to use 3rd party closed source programs, or have some other reason). Note that ACT MIDI plug-in (Cakewalk's original) is open source and I know how to modify it. So if ACT MIDI is almost what you want except some tiny modification, I can make it as well ;)