Author Topic: 2 mackie mcu with 2 different fader banks for 16 chanels  (Read 8535 times)

Offline toneblaze

2 mackie mcu with 2 different fader banks for 16 chanels
« on: June 20, 2016, 11:28:08 PM »
I use 2 Mackie mcu s in protools and studio one with no problem but in sonar platinum they both do the same thing if you press the bank select both mcu s change
there should be a way to have different tracks on ether control surface.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: 2 mackie mcu with 2 different fader banks for 16 chanels
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 08:05:59 AM »
I use 2 Mackie mcu s in protools and studio one with no problem but in sonar platinum they both do the same thing if you press the bank select both mcu s change
there should be a way to have different tracks on ether control surface.
Do you mean you want to use them as 2 completely separate MCU?

By default in Sonar there can be only one "MCU", other are extenders or clones.

But I can make "moded" plug-in. Can you check that this mod can work on your system? http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3311275
That is NOT the solution for you yet, but if it works I will prepare special version.

I mean I have no problem to do this, but if:
a) you are ready to use "moded" plug-ins in general. The source code is open source from CW, just with my changes for ProChannel. But some people do not trust mods and I understand that
b) there is nothing wrong with my current mod on your system.

Offline toneblaze

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 11:39:32 AM »
no i dont mind using modded dll but im not that smart, i tried using your plugin for hui following directions and was unsuccessful that would solve my problem since
mcu can be hui also. two separate mcu should be the most sought  after system. much better than extender two different audio effects displayed  same time protools and studio one random fader banks and two different face stickers, and price much lower. two different time displays would be good one in hui mode should do that.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 05:52:13 PM »
If you have tried to use my AZ Controller  plug-in with HUI preset, I would appreciate any information why/at which point you had no success.
There is also MCU build-in plugin which you can try. It is may be not so powerful as the original, but again, any information what is wrong with it can help to improve it. I do not have MCU.

But the link in my previous post was NOT about AZ Controller. It was about recompiled MackieControl.dll, the original plug-in from Cakewalk. The installation of my mod is just one file copy to correct place (where you already have such file), after making a backup copy of the original file. If you have difficulties with that, we will need online session (assuming your DAW computer is connected to the internet and you can install TeamViewer).

EDIT:
The solution is in the new thread for clarity: http://www.azslow.com/index.php?topic=310
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 10:56:28 PM by azslow3 »