AZ Controller plug-in for Cakewalk SONAR > Presets

[AZ] Mackie MCU (Pro) / LC protocol

(1/2) > >>

azslow3:
The preset was not tested with any real device. No users had willing to test/debug/enhance it.

Installation:

* Install AZ Controller plug-in first (download the latest release version and run it).
* Configure you device MIDI Input/Output in SONAR.
* Insert AZ Controller in the "Control Surfaces" section of SONAR preferences and attach proper MIDI Input/Output to it. It is good idea to detach it from other plug-ins, in case you have already used it with sonar.
* Open AZ Controller configuration dialog
* Switch to the "Options" Tab and in the "Tweak current configuration..." drop box select "Mack... Control". You can also try "compatible" variation in case the first variation does not work.
* In the preset name box (on top of the window) type "MCU" and press "Save" button. Select just saved preset to reload it (that should setup WAI correctly)
Functionality:
In general, the preset mimics the original Mackie plug-in from the Sonar distribution (see its help file for details). Important difference:

* XT/C4 are NOT supported at the moment
* EQ has basic functionality and works with ProChannel EQ only
* Dyn. button toggle ACT mode
* In FX mode, parameters have fixed default positions (unlike the original plug-in special assignment using ini file is not possible)

lgmab:
Hello, I am looking the AZ Controller to setup and configure a Mackie MCU plus 2 XT extenders plus a C4.

Am I to understand that there have not been enough participants to properly test this. I was under the impression that Sonar and Mackie MCU were a popular match.

PLease advise ,
Thank you kindly!

azslow3:
Hello,

So far there was (almost) no requests to make something different with MCU. And while AZ Controller has a preset fro one MCU (without XT or C4) it was never properly test.

The good news is that I also have a mod, and can add something more, to the original Cakewalk Mackie Plug-in. Unlike AZ Controller (single man closed source project), Mackie plug-in is open source. So that is also "safe" option in a long term.

So, please let me know what you do not like in the standard plug-in and I will see what I can do.

There was at learn one report that C4 is stably crashing Sonar when controlling ProChannel with my mod (which you can find there: http://forum.cakewalk.com/Mackie-Control-support-improvements-m3311275.aspx )
But there was no future detail, either it also crash with Stock plug-in, with MCU also, etc. So I had no "direction" to check what can be wrong.

balinas:
Hello.  I must be missing it here, but I am looking for the .spp file for the MCU pro.  I don't see the little paper clip icon, like I see for other .spp protocols.

thanks,

Balinas

azslow3:

--- Quote from: balinas on December 15, 2016, 03:21:22 AM ---Hello.  I must be missing it here, but I am looking for the .spp file for the MCU pro.  I don't see the little paper clip icon, like I see for other .spp protocols.

--- End quote ---
Hello and welcome!

Some presets are "build-in", they are generated by the plug-in itself when required. Just follow "Installation" steps in the first post to generate it.

But as you can also see in the first post, this preset is still just a prove of concept, not well tested. There is my mod of the original Cakewalk MCU plug-in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version