AZ Controller plug-in for Cakewalk SONAR > Presets

[Hermu] NOVATION Impulse 49/61

<< < (2/11) > >>

azslow3:
I have found interesting thread: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=259&t=422120
Some part is about some other script for some other DAW, but symptoms are the same: as soon as DAW connects, Mod Wheel is on channel 3. Unfortunately, there is no solution in this thread.

Other thread: http://forum.novationmusic.com/forums/impulse/impulse-61-modulation-wheel-problem

I do not have the device, documentation is not detailed and I have not found the protocol specification. I hope Hermu or someone else with Impulse can help or I have just missed something in google.

rivers88:
Well bummer -
I was hoping this would be a fairly quick fix.  :(

Not having a usable mod wheel on my primary controller is kind of a big deal -
I'll start a template from scratch and see if I can come up with something usable  ;)

Thanks for the assist, all the same!!!!

azslow3:
No need to start preset from scratch...

Open "Feedback" tab and find '_Init::Timer" (the first). Then delete 2 first actions (2 SysEx marked "Init"). Restart Impulse (so ModWhell is on channel 1). It can happened that your controls will not be assigned correctly with (impulse) preset you want to use, you can reassigned them in the "Hardware" tab.

If still no luck, try remove other "SysEx"es from the (AZ Controller) preset.

azslow3:
The only place I have found mentioning initialization SysEx is Impulse support in BitWig:
https://github.com/bitwig/novation-impulse/tree/Improvements, mentioned in one of the forum.

Impulse has 20 presets, but it can also have some "native" mode (just a guess, no info about that). In any case, the initialization is done with 2 sequences "6 1 1 1" and "7 19" (the rest is SysEx header for impulse). 6 and 7 are "commands" (f.e. 8 and 9 are setting the text on display). So, either "1 1 1" or "19" are real instruction to switch into particular mode.

Can you check which template is active in "normal" factory reset state and after Sonar is started with AZCtrl/Hermu preset? are these the same? If not, may be you just can adjust the channel for Mod Wheel in the Impulse preset in question (in the mentioned thread, with some firmware version, that is not possible to do after the preset is activated from computer. In this case do factory reset and without starting Sonar do the modification: switch to this Impulse preset, modify Mod wheel settings and save the preset).

rivers88:
Very strange -
Once the plugin template changes the Mod Wheel MIDI channel, the Mod Wheel is no longer accessible for editing from any of the Impulse built-in templates.
I have to perform another factory reset to recover the ability to change the Mod Wheel parameters.

Based on what little has been discussed on other forums, it appears that the Impulse does have some known strange quirks where the Mod Wheel is concerned.
I can live it for now, since I can force the Mod Wheel MIDI channel from within Sonar and Cantabile, and can do a factory reset if I need to bypass the computer and control my external synths directly.

Other than the Mod Wheel issues, your plugin solves MANY more problems than it creates, and is a huge improvement, IMHO, over the Novation Automap implementation for Sonar.  Appreciate all your help!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version