Author Topic: BCR2000 beta7  (Read 42013 times)

Offline MarKo

• Power user
BCR2000 beta7
« on: September 16, 2015, 11:40:22 PM »
Hi all,

I decided to start a new thread because the last one was getting too long.
And with the latest changes/additions this preset seems now ultimately perfect (at least for me).
If you didn´t follow the previous versions, then read about installation in the previous BCR-threads.

Improvements from the last version:
  • 24-Track-Mode: after thinking and experimenting, i had an idea for the perfect solution.
    So we now have an additional mode called 24-Track, indicated by LED (was B4Fit).
    In this mode the 24 lower knobs are for Track1-24 Volume, and the top row knobs are BUS1-8 volume.
    In Shift-state (or Shift-lock) the knobs control PAN of these strips. And the Mute/Solo buttons control also the BUS.
    This means we have direct access to 24 Tracks + 8 Buses.
    E.g. i can now directly Solo my Drum-Bus, and at the same time have access to all the corresponding Drum-Tracks without any mode-switching.
  • WAI follows Sonar-Focus perfectly now, without any delay, and across Trk/Bus changes
    This also works when switching Tracks by R3(Trk<>), mouse, or keyboard.
    And also the other way: switching StripType or WAI-bank from BCR also moves Sonar-focus correctly.
  • WAI is aligned in groups of 8, but can also be shifted by 1 strip.
    @Alexey: thanks for this feature, i like that very much. Although i first had some troubles understanding and integrating that into my logic, i think i found an even better solution. I don´t have the additional timer-callback, so it follows really immediately (except Trk/Bus-changes, this requires a call in the next cycle, if the Strip-number does not change).
  • i changed the Shift-mode for Pan and Send back to Send2 and Send1Pan, this is more intuitive for me
  • AzCtrl-Display improved for the new mode and some param-name optimizing
  • and some little bugs fixed
Attachement must be renamed to ZIP and consists of:
- Preset for BCR (SysEx) - this has never changed since Beta2, no need to load that again!
- Preset for AzCtrl BCR2000_b7
- Picture of Layout
It needs minimum version 0.4r1b281 of AZCtrl.

Hope you like it as much as i do. This is really wonderful what´s possible with Alexeys Plugin - thanks again for that!

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: BCR2000 beta7
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 12:18:07 PM »
It sounds so good, may be I should get BCR  ;)

I have modified the forum settings to allow "syx" files. So you can make 3 attachments without zip.spp gymnastic. I do not want allow zip for everyone and there is no way to allow it for restricted group only. Also I guess most people would prefer to download spp directly, especially for updates, and see the image  before downloading something else (which is in addition the documentation, and I suggest to write that explicitly at the beginning and also link or copy/paste installation instructions).

Have you already posted the link on OF?

Offline MarKo

• Power user
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 01:26:11 PM »
Hi Alexey,
It sounds so good, may be I should get BCR  ;)
I can only strongly recommend it!
I bought a little-used one which was like new for ~90€.
With AzCtrl and the current preset, i have a solution which is far better and flexibel than any other surface i know (at least the affordable ones).
There are some small points to criticize - for me the buttons are a bit to "hard/loud" but with little modifications this gets better. Maybe i´ll show my HW-modifications too, i´m currently working on exchanging some of the LED´s with different colors, this would help in seeing the current Mode/states more easily.
And i still want to make a short video how it works, i´m sure most people wont understand the real functionality just from reading. So to really see the VU-meters and everything immediately in sync with Sonar-Window.

About image: in the last updates, i uploaded a smaller image separately, but this would not be readable any more. So i just have full resolution inside the zip.
Have you already posted the link on OF?
Not yet, because the description has to be changed/finished first and i wanted to wait a few days to be sure there are no serious problems.

Offline Bassman

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 02:59:16 PM »
HI:)

I bought a little-used one which was like new for ~90€.

I got mine for 60€ at ebay!

And with the latest changes/additions this preset seems now ultimately perfect (at least for me).

Yesssss!

In this mode the 24 lower knobs are for Track1-24 Volume, and the top row knobs are BUS1-8 volume.

Super:)  Better than my Ideas...I forgot bus volumes:( But that's very Handy.....

I'm working with it on WE!!!

thanks a lot,
Heinz.

Offline Bassman

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 04:01:55 PM »
Hi:)

Konnte es nicht erwarten und hab's mir gleich angekuckt! 

Ist das geil, Jungs:)  Wow, ich freu mich schon riesig auf's nächste Arbeiten --> WE 

Merci vielmals!!!

Bassman.

P.S. Hätte dir gerne geholfen Martin!!

Offline MarKo

• Power user
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 09:33:35 PM »
P.S. Hätte dir gerne geholfen Martin!!
Danke, ich weiß! Aber jetzt haben doch viele Controls schon recht komplizierte Bedingungen, die kann man nicht so 1:1 übernehmen, da hättest du schwer gekämpft. Außerdem kostet die meiste Zeit die grundsätzliche Logik. Beim Kopieren in die anderen Controls bin ich ja mittlerweile geübt.

@Alexey: obwohl es da ein paar Kleinigkeiten gibt, die wirklich lästig sind und eigentlich leicht zu ändern wären.
z.b. Paste/New an der akt. Position in der Liste. Ideal wäre auch mehrfach-selektion beim kopieren/löschen.
Aber jetzt bin ich eh so gut wie fertig.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 01:20:26 PM »
@Alexey: obwohl es da ein paar Kleinigkeiten gibt, die wirklich lästig sind und eigentlich leicht zu ändern wären.
z.b. Paste/New an der akt. Position in der Liste. Ideal wäre auch mehrfach-selektion beim kopieren/löschen.
Aber jetzt bin ich eh so gut wie fertig.

Test version (283M) is uploaded, with all these wished implemented  ;)
These was not so "leicht zu ändern", significant part of the code is touch. Please check (and use with care till we conclude there is no bugs).

Note 1: only continuous blocks can be selected. While for "Delete" and partially for "Copy"/"Play" some arbitrary selection could make sense, for "Move" it does not. So I disallow not continuous selections at all, to avoid confusions. 

Note 2: there are  "selected" actions and "focused" action. As we know from Sonar, there are not always the same. When you Paste, it tries to do this after currently focused one. In case it is inside copied list and it is not the last, the operation is not performed (I can not copy the block into itself). So, if you want duplicate several actions inside one list, multi-select from top to bottom. In this case the last action is focused and paste works. Sure, you can focus something else after Copy and "copy to the same list" was not allowed at all before, so I do not see that as a limitation.

Note 2: you can use multi-select with Play as well.

Offline MarKo

• Power user
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 09:23:34 PM »
Test version (283M) is uploaded, with all these wished implemented
Thank you very much!
Although it´s a bit too late for most of my preset-work (now really quite finished), i´m sure it will be great for others, who work more on presets. If you have many controls (BCR has 48), copying and adjusting the changes to all other controls was a bit annoying
These was not so "leicht zu ändern", significant part of the code is touch.
Please don´t get me wrong but i don´t understand. If you can paste at the top and move it around - where is the problem to paste it at current position? Anyway, this makes it much more productive, so thanks again. I will check it now and report if there are problems.

Offline MarKo

• Power user
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 09:50:52 PM »
ok, i think this works, but if you want more feedback we should start a new thread.
Nothing really problematic, but many details...

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 04:21:23 PM »
ok, i think this works, but if you want more feedback we should start a new thread.
Nothing really problematic, but many details...
I am interested  :)

Offline Bassman

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2015, 11:09:55 AM »

Mir gelingt es nicht mehr in der generic Datei was zu ändern:(  Die PlugIns die ich vor Wochen eingerichtet habe, gehen noch, aber neue lassen sich micht mehr editieren, völlig egal, wie ich die _Reihenfolge oder die Zahlen ändere, es ändert sich nichts mehr!

Stehen diese Daten jetzt woanders??

/AppData/Roaming/Cakewalk/ACTData stimmt doch?  Die Datei wird ja auch aktualisiert. Wieso tut sich da jetzt nichts mehr??

Hmhmhmhm.....

Merci:)
Heinz.

Offline MarKo

• Power user
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2015, 11:35:33 AM »
AppData\Roaming\Cakewalk\ACT Data\genericpluginparams.xml ist korrekt.
Evtl. stört die sonaract.xml?
Ich habs so gelöst dass ich die sonaract.xml durch eine 0-byte datei ersetzt habe. So ist zwar eine vorhanden, aber Sonar benutzt sie nicht.
Aber ich kann dir am WE mal meinen "SonarActEditor" senden zum probieren.
Allerdings habe ich die Belegung nochmal geändert, die oberste Reihe ist jetzt ACT S1-S8. Nachdem ich bemerkt habe dass es nur möglich ist die Parameter aufeinanderfolgenden Controllern zuzuordnen, hätte immer zuerst die unterste Reihe komplett belegt sein müssen, bevor man die obere Reihe weiter belegt. Das hat mir nicht gefallen.
Da würdest du also umbelegen müssen, oder dich an die getauschte Belegung gewöhnen.

Wie gehts sonst mit der B7?
ein paar Kleinigkeiten habe ich noch gefunden, und ein ACT-Speeddial hab ich noch eingebaut, aber sonst scheints mir jetzt ziemlich perfekt.

Offline Bassman

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2015, 04:59:57 PM »

@MarKo

Evtl. stört die sonaract.xml?
Ich habs so gelöst dass ich die sonaract.xml durch eine 0-byte datei ersetzt habe. So ist zwar eine vorhanden, aber Sonar benutzt sie nicht.

Du bist ein Schatz:)  Das war's!!!

Nachdem ich bemerkt habe dass es nur möglich ist die Parameter aufeinanderfolgenden Controllern zuzuordnen, hätte immer zuerst die unterste Reihe komplett belegt sein müssen

Ich schau immer, dass es ungefähr wie im PlugIn aussieht.... d.h. wenn es 3 Reihen Regler gibt und die oberste Reihe hat nur 4 Knöpfe, dann schreib ich für die erste Reihe 4 Blindparameter, dann kann ich mit der 2. Reihe weitermachen mit der 2. Reihe des PlugIns.

Für mich ist das wesentlich übersichtlicher und intuitiver, wenn man mal das PlugIn länger nicht gebraucht hat.
Bei so Hallgeschichten mit "1000" Paramtern belege ich meistens nur 4-5, also die wichtigsten, allermeistens benutze ich fertige Reverbs mit Lo und Hi Cuts, da muss man nicht viel am Hall selber schrauben...

Bei Synthies auch nur ganz wenige Sachen die ich ab und an mal ändere, ansonsten nur "fertige" Sounds, alles andere kostet Zeit ohne Ende...

Wie gehts sonst mit der B7?
ein paar Kleinigkeiten habe ich noch gefunden, und ein ACT-Speeddial hab ich noch eingebaut, aber sonst scheints mir jetzt ziemlich perfekt.

Den "FitAll" Knopf vermisse ich, da geht ja jetzt "nur noch" der 24 Track Modus, wobei hier die Vorteile ganz klar überwiedeg:)

WAI +-1 hab ich anfangs gar nicht benutzt, aber seit gestern finde ich es sehr nützlich um den Fokus halt mal eben auf bestimmte 8 Spuren zu lenken!! Klasse:)

Ich hab festgestellt, dass WAI mitwandert wenn man mit Trck +- bestimmte Spuren geht, das funzt aber manchmal nicht.....oder ist das vielleicht gar nicht gewollt, dass der WAI mitgeht?

Ansonsten arbeite ich 200% lieber, seit ich dein Preset und AZ-Controller habe;)

danke und bis denne,
Heinz.

Offline Bassman

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2015, 05:50:02 PM »

Beim Schreiben bin ich auf die Idee gekommen mir das mal mit dem Fit Button in AZ Controller anzukucken:) Sorry!

Du hast die "Fit" Sachen jetzt auf Shift und Double Shift gelegt....

Muss man doch wissen:)

AhOk!! Das heisst ich könnte mir auf Zoom1 noch mit Shift ein Wellenform Zoom einbauen?  In Cakewalk Strg+Alt+(Peile nach oben und unten)

Das probier ich gleich morgen früh, jetzt ist erstmal Freitag Abend, Zeit für ein paar Bierchen;)

bis denne,
Heinz.

Offline MarKo

• Power user
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2015, 10:58:48 PM »
Muss man doch wissen:)
hab ich aber glaub ich geschrieben bzw. sollte es im Screenshot stimmen  ;)
Das heisst ich könnte mir auf Zoom1 noch mit Shift ein Wellenform Zoom einbauen?
Ich habe zugunsten des ACT-SpeedDials das Zoom1 schon auf Shift+Zoom verschoben (das nutz ich kaum), aber das andere Zoom<> wäre noch frei. Ich bin noch nicht sicher welche Belegung besser ist.
Ich schau immer, dass es ungefähr wie im PlugIn aussieht
Ja, das mach ich auch ähnlich, aber ich versuche auch wichtige Funktionen auf den gleichen Controllern zu halten, zb. Enable immer auf B1..
Blindparameter..
auch das mach ich genauso, viele Plugs haben eh so Parameter wie n/a, internal, o.ä., die kann man gut als Platzhalter missbrauchen.
WAI mitwandert wenn man mit Trck +- bestimmte Spuren geht, das funzt aber manchmal nicht
dass es mitwandert ist gewollt (hatte ich auch geschrieben), aber wenn man zu schnell dreht, dann gibts offensichtlich noch eine Situation, die vermutl. schwer zu beheben ist - es ist jetzt schon recht komplex.