Author Topic: [AZ] Mackie HUI protocol preset  (Read 53113 times)

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: [AZ] Mackie HUI protocol preset
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2020, 12:57:17 PM »
I am not sure why you try to use MCU in HUI mode, but there is nothing wrong with that. Note that HUI.spp is so limited, you will need to invest quite some time to make it close to available standard mackie functionality.
Original Mackie plug-in(s) a kind of "cooperate" when MCU+XT is configured. Independent AZ Controller instances do not communicate with each other. While you can set WAI (by mouse or special Actions List to mimic Mackie approach), you can not sync them later (f.e. if you move the first instance WAI you can not ask other instances to move).

AZ controller supports "cooperative" mode a bit different way: you declare one instance as "Master" and other as "Slaves". In slaves, you just set "block all midi" in options and never touch anything else. The whole configuration happens in the Master. So you get one logical device, composed from 2 (or more) physical. That works with any devices (it is not limited by MCU+XT).
But there are consequences. You will need to create (duplicate) all controls for extra devices and explicitly configure/MIDI learn them. So like you have 24 strips instead of 8. In such configuration there is just one WAI, so moving it will affect everything.

Offline AmauriDiMaia

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2022, 12:26:30 PM »
Im looking for some knowladge, I just got a Mackie HUI, I did follow every step to use it with AZ and the HUI.spp v2 but now Im stucked in some strange situation.
The Mackie HUI can be controlled using the pc, anything you do inside Cakewalk the Mackie will assume, but if you try to change anything in your project using Mackie nothing happens, I can try to select Solo or Mute a channel, moving a fader and the Mackie doesnt assume any change.
Im using Cakewalk Platinium, the MIDI interface is a M-Audio UNO and the OS is Win10.
Any help is more then welcome!

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2022, 04:13:25 PM »
When you operate Mackie, you should see changed in the "Last MIDI event". That will also indicate which controls are configured (far from all in this preset) and which not.
If you don't see any changes, check you set MIDI input in Control Surfaces correctly.

BTW you will get more functionality with Mackie plug-in in HUI(beta) mode.