Author Topic: [AZ] Mackie HUI protocol preset  (Read 53046 times)

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: [AZ] Mackie HUI protocol preset
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2016, 06:56:29 PM »
Hi AZ, I've got some codes ready for you . When you are ready tell me and i'll have more codes. Hope you are having great holidays.
Holidays was good, thanks. Unfortunately I am suffering from bad cold, so I am forced to do nothing this week...

But please send me the codes and functionality description and I will implement that once back in "operation mode".

Offline musicrazy

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2016, 08:11:13 PM »
i hope you get better soon. Rest and stay in a hot bed... already sent you an email with the codes .
Those codes are for implementing the prochannel eq and compressor control, and may be vst control. I will send you an updated list.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2016, 02:42:29 PM »
I have updated AZCtrl, please download b304 and the preset.

VU meters should show separate values for left and right, please check that is really works.

Offline musicrazy

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2016, 05:27:14 PM »
Hi AZ. tested controller 0.4 r2 b306 with latest preset . stereo meters only shows metering on left side (every channel has two meters for left and right side on hui monitor). you have updated the preset on huiv2 ? that's the one right? 

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2016, 11:08:45 PM »
I will think what can it be... The only HUI emulator I have has only one level meter. And it somehow reacts on both channel.

I you sure the metering is for the left side? I mean have you tried to pan right to see the effect?

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2016, 05:19:32 PM »
I have re-uploaded the preset. This time I ask you to do some "debugging"...

Stop transport (that is important there is no real changes in level) and do not touch d8b during the whole test:
* open AZCtrl interface
* switch to the "Logic" tab
* select "((None)) _LevelTest" Logical Control (the first in the list, probably you get it automatically)
* select the first (and the only) Action in the list ("Ch:1 KP:0 Value(14bit): 0").

And now do the following in a loop:
1) select some "value" (initially "0", right lower corner drop box), see later for explanation
2) press "Play" button
3) notice the changes in the level indicator for the first strip

What is expected:
* values 0..12 should set the level for the Left channel
* values 64...76 should set the level for the Right channel
* theoretically setting the value for a channel should not affect the other channel
* I have no idea what other values produce, but you can test

Since there is 128 possible values, that can take a while, but then we know for sure how your d8b is reacting on all levels. I think that is valuable information.

For your mail, I will proceed with the configuration (as in the last mail). It will take some time since I am busy these days.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2016, 11:02:50 AM »
That was my fault, thanks for testing and reporting. So the right channel is 16+ and not 64+.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2016, 10:38:05 PM »
New version of preset is uploaded.

ProChannel EQ mode is added, "EQ" button toggle the mode (may be with LED, can not test):
* Faders/Encoders/"Parameter" Encoders (on the right side)
* "Mute" buttons toggle corresponding band on/off, "Solo" toggle Bell/Shelf (LF,HF), EQ and a whole (LMF), Gross (HMF)
* Channel display shows the band name
* Bid display unchanged (still showing Strip names), Select buttons still switch channels. I think that is practical.

The only parameter not covered is EQ Type. I propose Fader 7 (4 states, bad for buttons, bad for encoders)... What you think?

Also in case you start using it you probably notice we need "Fine" mode for encoders. Which button do you think we can use to switch Coarse/Fine?

4 Parameter encoders are currently not use in the "Mix", we have Default (Pan) mode and "Send/Aux" submodes there. My proposals:
* volumes for 4 sends for the focused strip
* Gain ... but for 4 strips only
* may be some specific parameters from specific plug-ins you normally use on strips?

Good luck with testing, you probably need it (I was unable to completely check the changes) ;)

Offline zizi

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2017, 05:01:32 PM »
New version of preset is uploaded.

ProChannel EQ mode is added, "EQ" button toggle the mode (may be with LED, can not test):
* Faders/Encoders/"Parameter" Encoders (on the right side)
* "Mute" buttons toggle corresponding band on/off, "Solo" toggle Bell/Shelf (LF,HF), EQ and a whole (LMF), Gross (HMF)
* Channel display shows the band name
* Bid display unchanged (still showing Strip names), Select buttons still switch channels. I think that is practical.

The only parameter not covered is EQ Type. I propose Fader 7 (4 states, bad for buttons, bad for encoders)... What you think?

Also in case you start using it you probably notice we need "Fine" mode for encoders. Which button do you think we can use to switch Coarse/Fine?

4 Parameter encoders are currently not use in the "Mix", we have Default (Pan) mode and "Send/Aux" submodes there. My proposals:
* volumes for 4 sends for the focused strip
* Gain ... but for 4 strips only
* may be some specific parameters from specific plug-ins you normally use on strips?

Good luck with testing, you probably need it (I was unable to completely check the changes) ;)

Thank you so much. I was getting crazy that my novation lunchkey isn't compatible with Sonar

Offline Notecrusher

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2019, 12:17:20 AM »
Is this the preset to use for Komplete Kontrol keyboards? I have tried both versions posted here with azctrl_0_5r8b398. I followed the setup instructions, but the keyboard transport controls don't work.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2019, 08:05:11 AM »
Even if the keyboard can send transport as HUI, this preset is not the way to use it.
NI keyboards use different approaches, early keyboards was emulating MCU. Then the have switched to OSC only. Then they have introduced MIDI protocol again:
https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360006299698-MCU-support-for-Komplete-Kontrol-keyboards-S-Series-MK2-A-Series-M32-en-us-

Offline Notecrusher

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2019, 09:31:23 AM »
I have an S series Mk I, so those instructions don't apply unfortunately. However, I found a copy of the MackieTransport.spp preset I used to use and that works w/ AZ Controller.

But there's a strange bug where the In Port setting in Cakewalk's Control Surfaces setting for AZ Controller switches itself away from the correct driver (Komplete Kontrol DAW) to something else at random and the transport controls on the keyboard stop working until I set it back :/ I never saw this happen before.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2019, 09:59:09 AM »
Cakewalk has long standing strange behavior with MIDI ports... I do not remember they have ever improved it, but I remember they have made it worse at Platinum times.

As long as all orphan MIDI devices are removed in the Windows Device manager, in case there was duplications the device is reinstalled (f.e. keyboard was connect to some USB port and then moved to the other, both devices should be removed first), Cakewalk MIDI INI file is re-generated after removing and MIDI configuration does not change, Cakewalk can perform stable.
If there is at least one device which is "unstable", f.e. my X-Touch Mini sometimes can not initialize itself or "disconnects" once the DAW closes, that bring complete havoc into Cakewalk MIDI connectivity. Sometimes it still show correct port in settings, but in fact using different one. Nothing I can fix, at least as long as I use Cakewalk provided MIDI ports.

Offline Notecrusher

« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2019, 08:23:09 PM »
I know the trick of deleting ttseq.ini when I lose MIDI connectivity. Then Cake regenerates the MIDI port connections and things work again.

Offline boblev

« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2020, 12:02:18 AM »
I've been trying HUIv2.spp with a Mackie MCU Pro set in HUI mode and two XT extension units. An impressive amount of the functionality is already working in this version, thanks! One thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to set the starting track number for each instance of the Azslow controller. (the first one should start at Track 1, the second one at Track 9, and the third at Track 17). In the Cakewalk MCU mode control there is a "configure layout" button where you use the 1st pan dial on each unit to set the starting track number), but there doesn't appear to be anything like that in the Azslow controller. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Also, it sounded like there might have been a more recent version of the HUI.spp under development, but I didn't find it on the site.