Author Topic: BCR2000-preset, beta 2  (Read 47553 times)

Offline MarKo

• Power user
BCR2000-preset, beta 2
« on: June 21, 2015, 11:12:13 PM »
Hi friends,

here is the next version of the BCR-preset, but it´s still in progress...

it´s a major redesign compared to the first version and also requires a new preset to be loaded into the BCR.
All rotaries send now midi-endless-values and have accelaration.
I don´t want to repeat, so please read the first paragraph of http://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,208.0.html for progamming the BCR.

1. the preset BCR2000 for AzCtrl beta2.syx must be loaded into BCR, and selected.
2. Import BCR2000_beta2.spp in PlugIn-Manager
2. in Az-Ctrl-PlugIn, select above preset

Main changes:
+ all encoders endless with acceleration
+ first row shares VU + Vol, this frees 8 encoders for global funcs:
+ ZoomIn/Out/Hor/Vert,Jog,Shuttle,Master! in bottom row.
+ Global Solo/mute Led/btn
in Channel-Mode:
+ Send 1-4
+ EQ/ConsEmu Typ
+ because we have now a direct rotary for position shuttle, there is really no need for FWD/REW buttons, this frees 2 buttons for markers/selection

i hope the attached picture is clear enough, i´m working on a little readme.
first i was focussed on getting the overall-logic esp. the rotaries to work properly, so there are many free places for Shift or Ctrl-functions, and i´m still thinking/experimenting...

the DL is a Zip with both required files and should be renamed to zip to unzip it.
i hope you get it working and share your ideas...

Offline Stevie

Re: BCR2000-preset, beta 2
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 11:06:02 AM »
Thanks for all your hard work been hanging out for this, will check it out probably Thursday and give you some feedback

Regards

Stevie

Offline Bassman

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 08:07:36 AM »
HI:)

Thank you, I'll try out this morning!

Basie

Offline Bassman

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 09:55:14 AM »
Hi again:)

With 0.3r9 seria the spp File doesn't load, i have to install te latest test version instead!

OK:
In EQ Mode all is like you have written in your picture! Only One Knob does nothing, (CC80) 16. Knob.
In Track Mode it's different, volume is on the Encoders, then Pan, then Send 1, and the first row (CC97 to 104) Zoom and R 5,6,7 does nothing, 5 affects Volume on Track 4! R8  does Fast forward and backward.

Start, Play, Next Marker ok but I don't know what to do with the preset knobs?? Store is toggle between tracks and busses, learn is nothing I think, it does nothing...

I've tried to ACT Learn with some Syntesizers, but it do not work, has it?

Great work! I love it:)
Basie

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 10:43:28 AM »
Hi again:)

With 0.3r9 seria the spp File doesn't load, i have to install te latest test version instead!
Presets are not forward compatible, 0.4 (current test) has modified preset format. So presets created in it are not working in 3.9 (or early).
0.4 is ready for release, unfortunately Alphatrack users still have not confirmed the modifications...

Offline MarKo

• Power user
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 01:15:59 PM »
Hi Basie,

Fine that you got it working!
I don´t understand why you couldn´t load it with 0.3r9, because that´s what i am using (0.3r9 b221), but anyway - you got it working.
Maybe there are still some bugs, and some things are still not finished (you found some).
i will look for these things in the next days.

the picture should show the current layout quite well:
we have 3 main modes:
- 8Track-Mode: the description is on the right (for all 8 strips), except the bottom row, which has zoom, jog,master...
- Channel-Mode: the colored labels below the knobs (EQ-bands, Compressor and ConsoleEmulation sections are also colored, so should be pretty obvious from the pic)
- ACT: depends on your assignment

do you say the whole bottom row does nothing?
there is just one knob not finished, R4: i want to select prev/next track, but did not find the right command yet (Alexey?)
R5,R6 do scrubbing in different speeds, and R7 is always the master (in Trackmode).
R8 does shuttle forw/back in Bars (i dont need the standard forward/rew function).
"Store" is Bus/Track toggle
"Learn" is toggle ACT mode
but that should labeled in the picture.

i could explain more, but unfortunately i have not much time at the moment (i´m at work).
The formerly preset-buttons are now Ctrl (green) and Shift (blue). The colors of the button-labels indicate what the button does when pressed with Shift or Ctrl.
E.g. Marker left < is shifted: Set Selection Start, and with Ctrtl it´s Set Marker (Del Marker not working).
Note that you also can press: Shift+Ctrl, or Ctrl+Shift (order!) for Az-Display and Multidock.

What is not finished: forget the AZ-display at the moment, this has not been adapted for these changes. And in ACT-mode, Bank-switching and changig plugins is missing, but apart from that ACT is working ok. See Alexeys general ACT-Tips, i have to say that i tried many different ways, in the end i just open a plugin once in ACT to get a default assignment and edit the genericpluginparams.xml by hand, this is reliable.
Maybe you have not seen the ACT-button (Learn). Only when in ACT-mode (indicated by Led) it is working as you expect for ACT device.
The other modes have nothing to do with ACT!

A little bit more to come, but i think overall this should be working quite well.

Offline MarKo

• Power user
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 01:30:32 PM »
Presets are not forward compatible, 0.4 (current test) has modified preset format. So presets created in it are not working in 3.9 (or early).
Strange, because i am on 0.3r9 b221, but i will update today, so the next preset will be based on the newer format.

Some short questions:
i´m looking for Select prev/next strip, all i found are the "star-commands" *NEXT/PREV STRIP, which dont seem to work. and rebuilding the logic in AzCtrl was not really reliable.
Also i found no working command for Del Marker, but that´s not important.
Rude Solo: does not include busses? (in Sonar-toolbar, busses are included)

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 02:32:51 PM »
Strange, because i am on 0.3r9 b221, but i will update today, so the next preset will be based on the newer format.
Yes, strange... It should be possible to load the preset in the version which you use.

Some short questions:
i´m looking for Select prev/next strip, all i found are the "star-commands" *NEXT/PREV STRIP, which dont seem to work. and rebuilding the logic in AzCtrl was not really reliable.
*Select Strip <Current> +1 (or -1)
*Function "Select strip"
"star-commands" are in general not working, but some are doing staff otherwise not possible to reproduce (used in MCU, that is how I have found them)
Rude Solo: does not include busses? (in Sonar-toolbar, busses are included)
There are separate functions for "Rude Track solo" and "Rude Bus solo". Can be handy in some cases. For example you have one soloed bus but want solo/unsolo tracks without touching it. Just use 2 commands in one action list to switch both.

Offline MarKo

• Power user
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 03:47:54 PM »
There are separate functions for "Rude Track solo" and "Rude Bus solo". Can be handy in some cases. For example you have one soloed bus but want solo/unsolo tracks without touching it. Just use 2 commands in one action list to switch both.
i think you are talking about the "all" actions, but i meant the Strip parameter value. i want to show "overall" solo status - so if anything is soloed. so i guess i have to combine Track and Bus rude solo into this monitor.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2015, 06:35:06 PM »
It looks like "Rude solo/mute for Bus" does not work... I will find some solution tomorrow.

I must admit, I am not using this statuses for buses. I do not have many buses in my projects and if some bus is muted/soloed I immediately understand that from the sound. With tracks the situation is different, I can easily forget about some muted track, especially when its contribution is subtle in the overall mix. So, for me it is important to have "some track muted" separate from "some bus muted" (which can easily be the case for reverb/delay buses). I know, it is probably noob understanding of this things  ;)

Offline MarKo

• Power user
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2015, 07:56:51 PM »
It looks like "Rude solo/mute for Bus" does not work... I will find some solution tomorrow.
no problem, of course you are right that this is not so important for busses, because it should really be obvious to hear. i was just wondering and trying to make it perfect.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2015, 10:55:38 AM »
I have checked with X2 and my source code, and the result is the same as with Splat.

I have asked for "Rude solo/mute" as Sonar declare that. Independent from the strip type selected. So, Sonar returns Rude Solo/Mute for tracks only. Also I have notices that in the "tip" of corresponding Sonar toolbar button they mention "All tracks", not "All strips". Interesting, that bus mute does not influence mute status there but bus solo does...

In the latest test version, select "Master" strip type to get Track or Bus common solo/mute, "Bus" for bus only, "Track" for track only.

Offline Bassman

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2015, 12:32:08 PM »
Hi MarKo:)

Today mornig I've had time to test all!

>>>do you say the whole bottom row does nothing?

My fault! Except R4 and MASTER all is working. What do you mean with Master? Master Volume? OK, this does not work.
Zoom and Shuttle is absolutely great, much faster to work with then the normal commands!

>>>Note that you also can press: Shift+Ctrl, or Ctrl+Shift (order!) for Az-Display and Multidock.

Ah that's it, I wondered how to use it:)

2 other things "ProCh" and "Auto", don't know what to do with it....

But after all I'm very happy with it, very fast to work with it, for most things you can forget the mouse!!
Thank you very much;)

Basie

Offline MarKo

• Power user
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2015, 02:34:21 PM »
In the latest test version, select "Master" strip type to get Track or Bus common solo/mute, "Bus" for bus only, "Track" for track only.
thank you, i will try that.
we know that Sonar-API is sometimes strange  :(

Offline MarKo

• Power user
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2015, 02:59:26 PM »
Hi Basie,
What do you mean with Master? Master Volume? OK, this does not work.
hmm, how is your setup? you have one master or more?
Zoom and Shuttle is absolutely great, much faster to work with then the normal commands!
yes i also like these very much, and i´m getting more and used to scrubbing for finding cuts.
2 other things "ProCh" and "Auto", don't know what to do with it....
you found what´s not implemented yet ;)
But after all I'm very happy with it, very fast to work with it, for most things you can forget the mouse!!
i´m glad that you like it. As you see there are some buttons and shift/ctrl-functions still free.
i have some plans, but if you also have ideas/wishes, then tell me.