Author Topic: Future plans  (Read 18517 times)

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Future plans
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2021, 07:20:52 AM »
I am found some prototypes. I attach an empty preset (with all controls MIDI mapped) with just one (the first) Fader defined using the method I have described.

In case your faders also send MIDI by there own (my did), try to insert "Jitter fix" to the top of the list, with "Final" flag set and value 127-512.

Offline dirtyharry

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2021, 09:48:26 AM »
That's fantastic, thank you very much. I am looking forward to finding the time to play with this.

I have been giving some thought to the use of motorised faders, and I'm thinking the most useful aspect is to have the faders move to position on moving bank. I'm only a hobbyist, but I expect most people ( and professionals ) with DAW are most likely to edit automation with the mouse. I'm thinking mainly fades, or real detail like riding a vocal.

Seeing the faders move with automation during play, is probably just "cool" but not necessary.

If there really is a rare need to write automation with the fader, then just like the StudioMix plugin, a hardware button could be assigned to "fader touch".

So to summarise, I'm thinking of a fader position recall Action List, that could be called on hardware button or bank change. And a write automation button, which would break the fader feedback loop.

If my limited understanding of AZC is correct, that should be possible? Just a yes or no will do, no need to explain how, I would have to figure that out.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 11:16:35 AM by dirtyharry »

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2021, 10:51:06 AM »
Yes, "manual" touch and explicit feedback control is possible in AZ Controller.

Some hints:
* there is "Touch" Action, which inform Cakewalk the control is touched (so it start/stop automation overwriting)
* "Value" action (which set the value in Cakewalk) has touch parameter, it should be set to "Manual" in case explicit touch is used for the control
* for explicit update only, you can change "Value monitor" to "Timer once" and trigger it from let say band switch ("Reset monitor" action). Note you still
need state trick since the fader will send its values during the movement