AZ Controller plug-in for Cakewalk SONAR > Wishes

Future plans

(1/4) > >>

azslow3:
I think it is good idea to make the list of pending task into public...

Feel free to comment.

* Proceed with Yamaha 01Y configuration
* V-Studio 20 preset & Co
* StudioMix preset. Required components are already there (Faders/Encoders "fixes", MIDI processing). Tests are promising (especially I like jogging with zooming and setting loop points, but faders are also handy). My device has too many hardware problems... Till that is fixed, there is no reason to continue with the preset.
* Plug-in management. I have found that many features I want require quite some knowledge about each parameter of each plug-in (VST). Most probably "hardcoded" originally, the mapping with parameters should find its way to the UI then. I want introduce some "Categories", to define "EQ"/"Compressor"/.... (whatever) with a set of parameter available to choose in the preset and a possibility to map (yes, yet another time...) particular plug-in parameters to that categories. That way in "EQ" mode any plug-in can be used without special coding for them. I can not just use ACT for 2 reasons: ACT is only mapped for one plug-in in time and ACT has no information about real parameter type (continuous/discrete/switch) and the "default" value. Really long coding is required for that.
* A&H Qu control. I mean the possibility to control Qu by Sonar, not Sonar by Qu (which is already possible). One significant modification is required in my MIDI processing engine.I have implemented all required changes, but it will be nightmare to test without the device.
* Curves to match physical scale near sliders to the logical scale in Sonar. Not sure which way is better for that yet.
* Text forms for actions lists
* Reword Mack. preset, display part. Add values for ACT

MarKo:
Hi Alexey,

i was very busy the last days, but i´d like to take the opportunity to repeat a wish.
if we had a way of exporting/importing the actions-lists in some text format, this would be very helpful. i would prefer text, because it´s editable and we could use all kinds of search/replace or even regex.
In my current preset, nearly every line in the action list has some dependency on a numbered state (pic), and i have to copy/paste similar lists for 32 controllers.
So it´s very cumbersome to copy/paste and then check/edit every single line, and that additionally for the monitors. I have not counted the clicks, but that´s really not funny.
And i think i had at least one mistake in every copied list, because there are so many places to change. With a good editor, this could be done with search/replace-makros once for all controls and without mistakes.

azslow3:
Ok, added to the plans...

But please do not expect any diagnostic when there is a single mistake in the text. I have no plans to create full scale compilator with advanced diagnostic.

In reality, I create "build in" presets as a C code. So I have all regex/copy/paste/etc. tools when I am working with that. Believe me or not, it is slower an more error prone then preparing a "template" in one control, copy the list (all at once, not one by one) into other controls and adjust conditions/states/actions after. I normally test every single control in any case sine the error rates coming from the program form as well as from in-plugin modifications is far from small in my case. When I modify in plug-in, I can test immediately (just be using corresponding control). With program/text form there is an additional operations to load the preset and restore required operation mode.

I was already thinking about text form. Not as an editable representation for complete preset but for simple idea sharing in the forum. But nothing will prevent copy some blocks to text file, modify it there and paste back to the plug-in.

MarKo:

--- Quote from: azslow3 on June 17, 2015, 03:21:45 PM ---Ok, added to the plans...

--- End quote ---
Thank you!

--- Quote ---But please do not expect any diagnostic when there is a single mistake in the text. I have no plans to create full scale compilator with advanced diagnostic.

--- End quote ---
i can fully understand you, but i think anybody editing such files is aware that he does "unsupported" stuff.

--- Quote ---Believe me or not, it is slower an more error prone then preparing a "template" in one control, copy the list (all at once, not one by one) into other controls and adjust conditions/states/actions after.

--- End quote ---
well, that´s how i do it now, but as i said, this is very error prone for me >:(

What i really want to achieve, is on pasting a complete list with "variables" that every "variable" gets incremented. So that "Strip:First in Wai" becomes First in Wai+1, Send1 becomes Send2 and so on. That would be quite simple, but then also the involved States (eg. S1_Mode) have to be incremented, and thats a problem because there´s no way of knowing which of the States should be incremented, and which not (also, they have to be created first). And then also in monitors the controller-numbers need changes, so this is really much work.

--- Quote ---I was already thinking about text form. Not as an editable representation for complete preset but for simple idea sharing in the forum. But nothing will prevent copy some blocks to text file, modify it there and paste back to the plug-in.

--- End quote ---
i think it would be very helpful (even if it´s too late for me, because i´m slowly approaching a completely redesigned BCR-preset).
Also when checking a small function in a separate preset (which i do often) and afterwards pasting into the full preset, or when exchanging functions with others, or to/from other presets it´s useful.

azslow3:

--- Quote from: MarKo on June 17, 2015, 07:21:05 PM ---What i really want to achieve, is on pasting a complete list with "variables" that every "variable" gets incremented. So that "Strip:First in Wai" becomes First in Wai+1, Send1 becomes Send2 and so on. That would be quite simple, but then also the involved States (eg. S1_Mode) have to be incremented, and thats a problem because there´s no way of knowing which of the States should be incremented, and which not (also, they have to be created first). And then also in monitors the controller-numbers need changes, so this is really much work.

--- End quote ---
I wish some good idea visit me some day, I am thinking about that for long time...  :-\

In monitors I have, controller numbers are usually the same as in the corresponding control. In such lucky case, it is not required to set it explicitly.

Every time I do some big modification, it does not take more then 5-20 minutes to complete. At the end, that is not every day/project operation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version