AZ Controller plug-in for Cakewalk SONAR > Presets

[AZ, Watercourse, BobF] PreSonus Faderport

<< < (2/18) > >>

azslow3:
I have updated the test version. Please redownload it.

"Fader Touch" never turns off was a bug in my configuration. I hope it is fixed now.

--- Quote from: watercourse on April 14, 2015, 10:34:35 PM --- 3) Lights are working but mis-assigned.  Rundown as follows:

--- End quote ---
Either something is horribly wrong in my MIDI engine, or Faderport MIDI mapping was done Monday morning...
Please check either it is correct now. If still not, I will try to dig what is wrong in my code. If it works...  lol.

--- Quote ---
5) Fader behavior:

--- End quote ---
We have to find out what this fader wants from us

Select "Logic" Tab. Select "Fader test" Logic Control (the first one in the list).
Select each action and press "Play". Notice what fader is doing. I hope some of these actions manage to move it to some intermediate positions.
Notice what position it is in (1/4, 1/3, etc. I do not need mm).

You see 3 blocks of actions (CC14:0, CC:0 and CC:32). If you find that in some block(s) it moves 0, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 1, the job is done.
Otherwise we have to find "max" for the fader. Select some action from the block which somehow works (so you get not only 0 and 1),
and start changing "Value" parameter. Every time press "Play" to apply. Try to find "the middle" value.

--- Quote ---  -The fader does work to adjust track volume, but only when the current track's volume is 'met' by the physical fader. I'm guessing this would be resolved when the motor responds properly to the current track volume position.

--- End quote ---
That is expected. The fader is in "Catch" mode. It is possible to disable Motor ("Off" key), and this mode is logically the best to avoid "jumps". There are other modes we can try then, but lets get basic setup working first.

watercourse:
Thanks for the updated test version.  Results from b177M below:

--- Quote ---"Fader Touch" never turns off was a bug in my configuration. I hope it is fixed now.

--- End quote ---

-The 'touched' bug is fixed. 
-Lights are still behaving the same (working but same incorrect mappings as before).

--- Quote ---You see 3 blocks of actions (CC14:0, CC:0 and CC:32). If you find that in some block(s) it moves 0, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 1, the job is done.

--- End quote ---

CC14:0 Value:3fff - fader goes all the way up
CC14:0 Value:0 - fader goes all the way down
CC32:0 Value:3f80 - fader goes 1/8 up when starting from bottom

azslow3:

--- Quote from: watercourse on April 15, 2015, 10:14:12 PM ----Lights are still behaving the same (working but same incorrect mappings as before).

--- End quote ---
Agrrr... please redownload, I forgot to change one number ;)
(but Transport keys had to be different...)

--- Quote ---CC14:0 Value:3fff - fader goes all the way up
CC14:0 Value:0 - fader goes all the way down
CC32:0 Value:3f80 - fader goes 1/8 up when starting from bottom

--- End quote ---
Please try to find some CC14:0 values which produce intermediate position. Start with "0" "127" (I hope that should produce the same result as CC32:0 3f80). And then change "0" to "1", "2", "10".

It looks like it has different scaling as input (and assuming LED order, that is not going to be a surprise for me).
But I still hope that CC14:0 is the way to go (1/8 from CC:32 , please notice the difference, it is not CC32:0 (not existing 32bit MIDI CC number 0, but "normal" 7 bit CC number 32. CC14:0 is 14bit CC (send with 2 MIDI 7bit CC) number 0).

EDIT: may be CC14:0 with values "3" "127" is the middle... But have you tested that moving the fader covers the whole range in SONAR?

azslow3:
And since you are here, check that the version is 179M. I have uploaded it right now, after finishing the replay...

watercourse:
Ok, lights look good.  Fader still has same behavior as before, although I'm guessing you haven't addressed that yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version