Author Topic: An equaly dumb question  (Read 5550 times)

Offline Wookiee

• Karma has away of finding its own way home
    • The 4077
An equaly dumb question
« on: February 10, 2015, 05:57:03 PM »
I presume, which is always a tricky one I need to work though a preset adding all the controls I require.

i.e all my faders pan controls and any other bits specific to that preset.

Please forgive my alien stupidity but I am furry on the inside as well  :D
Karma has away of finding its own way home

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: An equaly dumb question
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 08:47:29 PM »
Yes, AZC has no idea which controls you have. So you should define all of them, one by one.

Note that I speak about hardware control definition in the Options Tab ("<New control>", type the name, select the type, "Save") and then assign MIDI to all of them in the Hardware Tab (touch the control, select it, "Attach", "Assign MIDI"). I guess it can take up to 10-15 minutes for surface with 50 controls, if you do this for the first time...

Complicated configurations for encoders and sliders can be copy/pasted, as explained in the tutorial.

Sure, you should plan like several hours for ACT MIDI and more for complicated cases. Mackie Control took already like a week for me and I am not done yet (but I do that in program, not in the interface). But you can get the configuration you want, something not possible with any other plug-in.

Offline Wookiee

• The 4077
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 08:57:41 PM »
Cheers you confirmed what I thought now I can have a fun  :o moment configuring it.

Just as a thought have you planned to have a library of configs that could be download or upload for peeps to try?

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 09:17:15 PM »
You are welcome to contribute... The configuration is saved as a preset. SONAR Plug-ins Manager is a good tool to work with these presets.

I am working to provide MCU preset. May be later I write a wizard  to generate ACT MIDI preset for X sliders,Y encoders and Z buttons. But you should look at this plug-in from another angle. Unlike other approaches, where you can change several settings at most, that is like SONAR for making music. Does it make sense to prepare "a library with SONAR projects"? As examples yes, but even than they should be like tutorials.

AZC is an interpreter for specific visual programming language. Like Web Browser for HTML/JavaScript, Excel for Basic and SONAR for CAL, AZC interpret Control Surface Definitions. The result can be MCU, VS-XXX, Automap, ACT MIDI as well as anything else someone program into it.

I have done my best to provide a way for not programmers be able to write these programs. Not sure I was successful with that...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 09:19:19 PM by azslow3 »

Offline Wookiee

• The 4077
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 04:03:50 PM »
Cheers for update I intend to have an in depth play today see what I can come up with.