Author Topic: MCU With eXTender  (Read 6666 times)

Offline sdupayage

MCU With eXTender
« on: January 09, 2015, 03:05:54 PM »
Hi,

Firsxt of all what you've done is amazing and it really is easy to create custom templates for specific midi connected devices. It alreday gave me a great fun with my old FCB1010/UNO pedal board :)

I have also a iCON QPro which lack (as lot) support for Sonar. I have modified the code from Cakewazlk on their Mackie plugin but it is far from being enough (even if it is now more usable) especially when you want to control plugs straight from the MCU. As I oiwn an extender too I was curious in seeing if this was on your plan to support it? I assume as your plugin is linked to only one midi device that it does not communicate if you have several instances (as the Mackie plugin does) to handle more tracks... Also if you have something (even a starting point for MCU) that would be great because I'd really like to see what I can acheive here.

Best,
Stéphane

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: MCU With eXTender
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 01:13:05 PM »
Hi,

I am slowly advancing my MCU preset... but it is not finished yet.

I known about extender problem. In the current version there is no way to support that. But that is going to be possible in (unfortunately unpredictable) future. I have clear plan for generic implementation for "chaining".

Offline sdupayage

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 10:31:15 AM »
Hi,

This is going to blow my mind :)

If you need any assistance testing this...

Best,
Stéphane

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 05:46:11 PM »
I have implemented the "cooperation" mode. So any device can be an "extender" to another (up to 4 devices are controlled from
one preset then).

My primary target is to change what pedals on my DP do from (MCU emulating) phone app, but that opens the way to configure MCU eXTender as well.

I still have to test that everything works before releasing. And MCU preset is not yet there (I have finished most of the buttons, but sliders, encoders and display configuration is still pending).

Offline sdupayage

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 04:15:10 PM »
Hi,

I saw that you have released a new version with your cooperation mode. I'll try to start implementing my Mackie emulation mode to see if I can control my QCon with this one. If at some point you're ok to share what you've done so far with yours it would be great.

Best,
Stéphane

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 06:02:12 PM »
I must admit MCU is a bit longer to implement as I have thought at the beginning...

So far, the whole buttons section is ready as well as Sliders/VPots. But near untested.
I am working with LCD display now.

So, what I still need for complete version:
* LCD display (most complicated)
* buttons on strips (easy)
* level indication (easy)
* initialization (I have it as a preset, just have to code it into plug-in).

I implement it as a program code which can generate the preset. It is slower to code, but simpler to re-program.  That way I can generate MCU+XT after just calling one function second time.

If you have time and want to check how it looks like, I can send you current development version of plug-in (or just the preset it generates) as well as instructions how to add initialization section. But I think it make sense to wait till I am ready with complete preset (hard to predict how long it will take, but I guess 1-2 weeks).

I have only Phone version of TouchDAW and it has much less buttons then the original device. It will be great in case you can test everything with iCON.

The "Dynamic" is not going to work as it was in MCU (pre X days), I have replaced it with ACT section. But EQ/EQ FreqGain modes and the rest is going to work exactly as in MCU plug-in (except parameters order in plug-ins since I do not use any separate "mapping files").

Offline sdupayage

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 08:06:53 PM »
Yes I imagine that it is far more complex to have everything right at the first place. I am not against helping you though I have only week ends to really play with Sonar :(

I was under the impression that the knit phase would be done over a system hardware like the LCD and run some in it there this is what I was testing today... if you go over some code for this then it would be easier for me to wait your latest version instead of jumping into something that would not be useful in the end...

Anyway always happy to help.

Take care,
Stéphane