Author Topic: X-Touch One assistance  (Read 2406 times)

Offline Horsepants

X-Touch One assistance
« on: January 04, 2021, 08:28:10 PM »
Hi All/AZSlow,
As mentioned on the cakewalk forum, I've been modifying Jan's custom Cubase preset based off boblev's original one, I was having a go at the bus/track changes and it got a bit weird. Here's the preset as it is, I've (currently at least) mapped F3 as the "switch to busses" button and it's acting a bit strange.

Any ideas / pointers much appreciated

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/311-behringer-x-touch-one/&do=findComment&comment=56504

Cheers

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: X-Touch One assistance
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 09:39:05 PM »
So, I updated to:
* X-Touch (WAI) follow mouse focus (including selecting strips outside current range and changing to buses)
* F3 switch strips

Everything is done in F3 control and corresponding monitor. Effectively F3 just switch types (two commands, there was long term bug in Cakewalk, no sure it is still there...). The rest is done by monitoring (getting current strip type and setting WAI, on every focus change).

Let me know if something doesn't work as I have written (I don't have X-Touch one to test) or you want different behavior.

Offline Horsepants

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 10:59:29 PM »
That works like a charm, thanks so much

I'll make the rest of the simple changes I was going to make and then upload it to the presets for other x-touch users to copy/modify, that forum seems locked off though, is there a process for uploading presets?

The only other thing Jan asked was is there a function or command to call to centre the pan when the pot is pushed?

Thanks again

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 12:19:28 AM »
You could upload the preset, so you probably can upload another one. It should be .SPP, .PDF or a picture, no archives. This site is continuously declared as "spyware", I don't know why but archives trigger that more often.

Pan center can be triggered by the list of 2 actions:
* strip CtrlGroup <First in WAI>  + 0..7
* value Absolute 0.5

To make X-Touch One work properly in Mackie mode, you need to define that for all 8 pots with n = 0..7.
In general pots control many things, so corresponding controls look way more complicated.

Offline Horsepants

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2021, 12:22:46 AM »
Thanks a bunch for always answering the noob questions :)

I was just gonna log in to say I found the pan thing, and here it is already answered. I'll Tidy it up and export with a PDF for instructions shortly so others can use and modify

Thanks again