Author Topic: [Not a bug] Endless controls findings  (Read 7220 times)

Offline ikatsuke

[Not a bug] Endless controls findings
« on: October 03, 2014, 06:03:11 AM »
Accelerated Checkbox:

When Accelerated is ON the Endless MIDI only goes the maximum. (when reverse is OFF, 0.00, when reverse is ON 1.00) It does not respond to the opposite action. So you can increase the volume but not decrease it, or the opposite if reverse is ON.

Direction Checkbox:

Maybe I setup something wrong, but it seems like the reverse checkbox is, well, reversed for endless lol. When reverse is OFF, a MIDI signal with value of 127 makes the endless value to decrease, while if the MIDI signal with value of 0 makes the endless value to increase.

I will keep testing.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 08:46:00 PM by azslow3 »

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Endless controls findings
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 07:28:09 PM »
Accelerated Checkbox:

When Accelerated is ON the Endless MIDI only goes the maximum. (when reverse is OFF, 0.00, when reverse is ON 1.00) It does not respond to the opposite action. So you can increase the volume but not decrease it, or the opposite if reverse is ON.
"Accelerated" is not about software processing for the same action (like with mouse). It is for controls producing "accelerated" values (like 1 for one tick, but 5 for fast movement, which it can not transfer 5 times 1). May be I should call it differently (but how?).

You control always sends either 0 or 127. When you set the flag,  the acceleration is "64" in one direction and "0" in other (so, it does not move at all in one direction and "jump" in other).

Direction Checkbox:

Maybe I setup something wrong, but it seems like the reverse checkbox is, well, reversed for endless lol. When reverse is OFF, a MIDI signal with value of 127 makes the endless value to decrease, while if the MIDI signal with value of 0 makes the endless value to increase.

I will keep testing.
I have tune endless for Mackie VPots. Novation has the same. So I do not think 127/0 is the standard. But the option it there to make it work in all cases.

I am thinking to introduce some surface "Defaults" for some parameters, starting with default mapping curve for each control type. That can be another such parameter.