Author Topic: Presets Location  (Read 5075 times)

Offline SonarHatesMe

Presets Location
« on: January 17, 2016, 08:57:30 PM »
Hi AZ,

Long time since I posted here.  Hope all is going well, and it appears that it is.  I have changed my old studio setup and have a little bit of a problem.  My old preset for AZ Controller is safely backed up, but the problem is that I didn't use Cakewalk Plug-in Manager to export the preset.  Instead, I manually found the location of the presets and copied the file onto USB.  Unfortunately, I don't know where within the system file structure the location of actual preset saves is for AZ Controller.  I cannot import the file I saved with AZ Plug-in Manager because it is not the correct type of file.  I simply want to just drop the file into the proper folder so AZ Controller will see it as one of my presets.  Thanks for all your help!

Cheers!

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Presets Location
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 12:16:33 AM »
There are in <User>/AppData/Roaming/Cakewalk/SharedPresets/{75ADECE2-5480-4A72-B812-50FBE9520E32}/

Other way is just save some (empty) preset from AZ Controller with unique name and then let Windows find it on disk...

Offline SonarHatesMe

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 06:10:48 AM »
Actually, my first instinct was to try the method you described of giving a unique name to the file.  Unfortunately, neither one of these approaches is working at the moment.  Windows doesn't see a folder with the name you listed, and despite AZ Controller being installed and functional, no presets are evident anywhere on my computer.  I was wondering if I could ask you a favor for which I'd be grateful: If I send you the preset file I created, can you put it into your presets and convert it to a Cakewalk Preset Manager export?  I put hundreds of hours into writing this preset and I'd be so sad to lose it.  Please let me know if this is alright with you.  If not, I completely understand.  Thanks again.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 10:55:13 AM »
No problem! If you rename it to "name.spp" or "name.txt", you can attach the file here.

The location is in "hidden" folder (AppData), but normally Windows is able to search there...

Offline SonarHatesMe

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 03:38:00 PM »
Thanks a bunch!  I tried to find the presets using the methods you described for several hours before I contacted you.  I figured I was overlooking something.  The "test" presets I created to locate the presets folder save and recall just fine in Sonar X3.  There's simply no visible file header for these presets anywhere on my computer, even though I was able to locate them just fine when I backed them up originally.  Oh well.   ;)

Thank you so much for converting this into a genuine .spp file for me.

I still have quite a bit of logic to work on for the Launch Control XL preset.  My final steps involve the crucial step of turning off all LEDs when recording is taking place.  The Launch Control happens to have very noisy LEDs.  They create a high pitched squeal, but I digress...

Best of luck to you, AZ!  Your controller rocks!

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 04:25:42 PM »
Here is "real" spp from your attachment. No problem. It takes just several seconds for me  ;)

Offline SonarHatesMe

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 11:21:45 PM »
Thank you so much!  I never would've been able to recreate all that!

Cheers!