Author Topic: [Solved] Function > Context > Open  (Read 7774 times)

Offline Klaus

[Solved] Function > Context > Open
« on: May 30, 2016, 08:29:11 PM »
Hi Alexey,

first, thank you for your work on this great plug-in and sharing it to the community!
I use your plug-in with great success in combination with an Edirol M-16 DX as a control surface.

I have an issue with release 0.5r0b312 and newest release 0.5r0b314:

To open the UI of a plug-in (in focus) I use the action:

Function > Context > Open

Unfortunately, this function doesn't work anymore on my system (plug-in GUI doesn't open),
but "open next" or "open previous" still works.

Can you reproduce this?
(if not, is there an alternative command / function to "Open" a plug-ins GUI?)

Thank you!

Best,
Klaus

SONAR Version 22.5.0 BUILD 43 [2016.05] - x64
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 06:09:57 PM by Klaus »

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Function > Context > Open
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 11:41:17 PM »
Hi Klaus and welcome to the forum!

I can not reproduce that, it works as expected for me (I have just checked with b314 and 2016.05).
But please check that you are using it correctly: there must be either "Strip" + "FX" combination or "ACT" prior using Open of Focus functions (to specify what you want to focus or open). Next/Previous are working different way, they do not need prior plug-in selection. That all is described in the documentation, but may be not sufficiently.
Note that the selection is persistent, for example in case you turn some knob with "ACT R1" + "Set value" combination, "ACT R1" is remembered and so "Open" can use it.

If you can publish your preset (not sure you can attach it in this board, but you can attach it to posts in the "Discussions" board for sure), I can have a look. If there is a bug on my side,
I most probably can reproduce it with your preset. Otherwise I can demonstrate how to fix the preset.

Regards,
Alexey.

Offline Klaus

Re: [Solved] Function > Context > Open
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 06:11:50 PM »
Thank you, Alexey!

Now it works!

You were right, I had not set Strip/FX or ACT Actions prior to the "Open"  function.

Inserting "ACT R1" prior to "Open" did the trick!

And yes, now that I looked again into the documentation, it's already described there - I just didn't read close enough obviously...

Thanks again, very much appreciated!
(and also for your offer to have a look at my Preset, in case I couldn't "fix" it by myself!)

All the best,
Klaus

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: [Solved] Function > Context > Open
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 08:08:13 PM »
Thank you for the feedback!

Let me know in case you have more questions. I know that the documentation is far from perfect.