Author Topic: Input Pan on Buses  (Read 5720 times)

Offline timwillingham

Input Pan on Buses
« on: August 19, 2015, 11:07:29 PM »
I have enjoyed getting to know this powerful controller plug-in.  Thank you for sharing your hard work with us!

I think this is a request, but it could be I just have not figured out how to do it yet.  Could there please be an option to control the input pan on buses?

Thanks!

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Input Pan on Buses
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 09:17:16 AM »
Welcome!

But I have not understood what you mean. From my knowledge, Sonar has no dedicated "Input pan". Buses get the signal either from Track/Bus output or from Track/Bus Send. Stereo field is controlled by related pan on input signal, so either by strip pan or by send pan.

Offline timwillingham

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 04:49:48 PM »
I have attached an image to clarify what I am referring to.

I was thinking I could likely handle all of the panning on the track side, so I don't know how needed this would be.  But since your plug-in is incredibly thorough, I thought I would check and see if this is something you might want to add.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 07:25:07 PM »
Now I see... I have never used it and Input (Gain/Pan) section is normally outside of my screen (I still use low resolution 3/4 display). I have never tried scroll the Inspector for buses  ::)

Unfortunately, I have not found any spells of this parameter in Sonar Control Surface API. It still can happened it is available throw some undocumented parameter combination, these are hard to find till some source code from CW make use of it (and in case of Input Pan, it looks like Cakewalk has never used it, even on VS-700). So I will try to dig for it (once some idea comes in my mind where to look).

Thanks for the information!

EDIT. I try to ask on forum first... With a hope CW knows the answer.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 07:43:44 PM by azslow3 »