Poll

How to use the sends on the mcu controller

The sends show up on the controller but vpots dont function
0 (0%)
Sends dont work
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Using the sends with an MCU  (Read 10868 times)

Offline toneblaze

Using the sends with an MCU
« on: June 26, 2016, 10:41:29 PM »
Hi everybody i tried for the last two days but i still cant find out how come the sends shows up on the controller, when i press the sends button, but none of the vpots work at all. Also  am using the Azslow mackiecontrol.dll but still only get 1 band of eq and no compressor. I didnt use the .ini because I cant download it and dont know where to put it any help would be appreciated. using Platinum version 21.12.00 build 36 manchester
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 10:52:27 PM by toneblaze »

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Using the sends with an MCU
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 11:29:54 PM »
For INI file: open it in the browser from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/AZSlow3/Cakewalk-Control-Surface-SDK/SecondMackieControl/Surfaces/MackieControl/MackieControl.ini,
save into file (from "File/Save..." menu in your browser) and put in the same directory as MackieControl.dll. Without this INI file, ProChannel EQ/compressor mapping is completely broken.
Do not forget that you should press EQ button 3 times to get full EQ mode (Faders+VPots)

For sends: select track with sends (existing sends!) and press "Send" button 2 times. You should see "SE." on small display and parameter names/values for strip on strip display. For other operations, see the Help file .

Also note that Sonar MCU layout is not the same as default MCU layout: http://www.azslow.com/files/mcu.png

Offline toneblaze

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 01:35:55 AM »
Thanks again for your fast reply. I tried the .ini file and i think the one band of eq is a little better meaning i didnt know the one band can go from 20hz to 20khz and has all of the switches and controls working on the controller. see picture
I still didnt get the compressor but i think its the version of platinum Im using because i think i saw it on my other computer with the newest version.
the other pictures are of the sends not working on channels with sends activated. The sends on the controller dosnt show what is happening on the screen and the controls on the controller dont move at all. With and without .ini file
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 01:59:31 AM by toneblaze »

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 09:05:05 AM »
Send mode looks ok, but I guess it is not for the track you think. Open Mackie preferences ("Utilities" / "Mackie Control") and check that "Select highlights track" option in set. Otherwise the track which your MCU control can be set from MCU only (by Select buttons) but it does not follow focused track in Sonar.

The mapping for EQ still is not what I expect. At least my looks different. Are you sure you have copied my MackieControl.ini into the folder of MackieControl.dll ? Also in my setup you can control all EQ parameters, using modifier (M2, M3, M4) keys.

Compressor should also work, but can be "not there" due to both mentioned notes (wrong track and wrong mapping).

Offline toneblaze

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 09:26:19 PM »
Ok I got it. I cant use aux I have to use buss with the mcu. also the eq shows the rest of the bands by pressing global view button and using fader banks.
Now how do I select channel eq or compressor or even a vst plugin? Help Please.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 10:06:22 PM »
Ok I got it. I cant use aux I have to use buss with the mcu.
That is really a bug... I have not used aux tracks so far, but now I can confirm that does not work (with any Control Surface). I will inform Cakewalk.

also the eq shows the rest of the bands by pressing global view button and using fader banks.
Yes, that is explained in the help (using the layout I have linked before, by the way there are Sonar specific overlays for MCU).

Now how do I select channel eq or compressor or even a vst plugin? Help Please.
For not ProChannel modules (so for FX bin) use "Plug-in" button and than navigate with channels/banks. "Plug-in" mode also has 2 sub-modes (with ".")

Offline toneblaze

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2016, 10:02:53 PM »
Hi AZSlow Im just now paying attention to your layout diagram because i have the overlays for the mcu and it does not cover the edit button
(global view) or compressor (instrument button). still trying plugging mode, i see the sub modes it blinks and then goes back to the eq or the pan track mode.

Offline toneblaze

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2016, 11:11:42 PM »
Assigns V-pots to one plug-in parameter
on each track or bus, depending on which
Control Group button is depressed. To
display different parameters, press the
Edit button so that its light is on, and then
use the Channel and Bank buttons. To
select different plug-ins on the same track,
hold down M1 and press the Channel
buttons.

Displays a period after the letters in the
Assignment window, and assigns Vpots
to parameters of a single plug-in
on a selected track or bus. If there are
more than 8 parameters, press the Edit
button so that its light is on, and then
use the Channel and Bank buttons to
display the other parameters.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 12:15:33 AM »
I will have a look tomorrow...

Offline toneblaze

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2016, 12:49:41 AM »
Thanks it would be greatly appreciated.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2016, 08:51:55 PM »
Lets try the following.
1) press "Plug-in" button (it is labeled as such), you should see "P1" in display. Press it one more time, so display is "P1.".
2) select some strip with FX BIN plug-ins, using "SELECT" button on MCU for this strip
3) press "EDIT" (Global view) button
4) now while keeping "M1" pressed, use Channel button (next) to select plug-in. The indication should change to "P2.", then "P3." and so on. "P1" and "P2" will be ProChannel EQ and compressor, starting "P3" that should be FX Bin plug-ins

Offline toneblaze

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2016, 01:22:50 AM »
Yes works great! Thanks again AZSlow.