Author Topic: Simple way to get a long time press  (Read 3227 times)

Offline zgildasz

Simple way to get a long time press
« on: February 05, 2019, 09:34:07 PM »
Hi Alexey,

I've searched in the forum but haven't found how to reproduce a long time press. Could you please show how to proceed please ?

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Simple way to get a long time press
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 09:12:11 AM »
It is a bit tricky. I attack an example.

For clarity, original buttons are assigned to MIDI. I use "Note off" conditions, which only work if: the control type is "Pad", the value is 0. Note that all actions have implicit "Note:On" condition set.
If you can not or do not want use that, use "Value:0"/"Value:127" instead.

In the Btn1, "Long press" actions are triggered by releasing the button. That is not very convenient since you do not know if you have waited "sufficiently long".

In the Btn2, "Long press" control is triggered by the timer. So before you release the button. That is usually more convenient for the user, but requires extra controls and loop sending.

Offline zgildasz

Re: Simple way to get a long time press
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 07:10:24 PM »
Thanks for the spp. Well, the first problem I have is when I program my bcf2000 to send CC or note, I have to push two times on the button to get the result. That's why I program buttons as PC until now... So how to proceed to get the result with just one push/cc or note send ?

[edit] ok, I have tried without "toggle" cc when programming bcf2000, longpress works fine then.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 08:48:30 PM by zgildasz »